External Hard Drive Archive Bug Thread

But I didn't have to reactivate when I moved it between my two boxes (I assume this didn't update the counter).

Perhaps dish reset all the 622 on an account so they use the same (new) external HDD code. That's why both my boxes required HDD reactivation. But, now I can move the drives between boxes.

I see what you're saying now. Seems to make sense. If that's what they did, then that's an improvement and perhaps the "3 hd moves" limit has been eliminated.

My household code is also non-zero.

BTW: I tried connecting my other harddrives, and I get the same message (788).

I just moved mine from my 722 to my 622 and all it said was that I had connected a USB device, would I like to access it. No warnings about how many moves I had left at all. Previously this unit had been moved the other direction one time, about 3 months ago.

I see what you're saying now. Seems to make sense. If that's what they did, then that's an improvement and perhaps the "3 hd moves" limit has been eliminated.

My household code is also non-zero.

BTW: I tried connecting my other harddrives, and I get the same message (788).
I don't see how this is possible without a new software release, which there has not been. I talked to Tech support this AM and they are aware, but not sure what the problem is.

I don't see how this is possible without a new software release, which there has not been. I talked to Tech support this AM and they are aware, but not sure what the problem is.

The "household" code has been built in for some time. It has just been a bunch of zeros. Now that a code has actually been sent to the receiver, it seems the 3 move rule has been removed.

Just speculating.... but some of the EHD code, just like the Dish online stuff, may be separate from the main software.

NightRyder

The code is probably downloaded thru the sat link. This way way if you add a box it gets the same code. E* may have just added this information to the stream.

The code is probably downloaded thru the sat link. This way way if you add a box it gets the same code. E* may have just added this information to the stream.

That would make sense, it's probably part of the receiver/EHD authorization code string.

NightRyder

I have a 612 and a 622, they both have the household code now but the last digit is not the same, the 612 has xxx004 and the 622 has xxx002. I haven't tried to move the HDD yet, it is on the 622 and I did not get the "message " to activate.

To those with two units, is the last digit the same on your receivers? and should I try to move it?

Last edited:
I am having the same issue as others; my external drive, which has never been moved off of my 622, is now telling me that it has been moved and requires reactivation. Has anybody heard back from E* tech support on this issue yet? I assume that reactivating the external drive will also wipe everything on it.

OK, I did what you guys did and everything worked out OK :) Thank God, 'cuz I had about 40 hours of HD movies on there to watch :))))

Multiple Hoppers and timers

OTA module troubles

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)