External Hard Drive Archive Bug Thread

You play back the recording from the EHD and burn to DVD in real time.
Not sure how you can do that Krell. There isn't anything on the back of an EHD other than a USB connector. Now, you can bring the event back to the original receiver, if possible, and do it from there....

I was attempting to say that, with your EHD connected to your receiver, you play it back using the receiver, and record the signal from the receiver. You need not transfer it back to the internal disk first.

Strange Behavior

While transferring defiance I hit an error on my external hard drive. I thought like before that one of the episodes didn't transfer over and vanished from my Hopper and needed a reset for the episode to reshow (Defiance episode jumped from episode 11 to 13) Well I reset my Hopper and went to use the restroom, stopped and talked to my cousin for about 15 minutes and eventually made it back to my room. Total black screen, no Hopper logo and the cursor flash in the corner should have already happened. Well I waited for a couple more minutes and decided to restart it again. Same behavior. I walked out in the living room to see if the Joey would detect the Hopper and there was nothing at first but it eventually connected about 4-5 minutes later. I walked back in my room and saw "Your Hopper needs to reformat this hard drive" I chose "no" and unplugged the EHD then plugged it in. I waited for it to do something and nothing happened to I unplugged the drive again, restarted the Hopper. This time the Hopper responds lightening fast. I plug the EHD back in and the Hopper picks it up like nothing happened.
In summary
1) Reset Hopper
2) Hopper took an extremely long time to reboot, which never completed. Stuck on black screen.
3) Second reset, Hopper took longer than usual but eventually completed the reboot.
4) Prompted to reformat drive that has been connected to Hopper since I had it installed. Chose "No"
5) Unplugged EHD, Replugged it in to USB Port, nothing happened, so I unplugged it again.
6) Reset Hopper and this time it rebooted lightening fast (within one minute)
7) Plugged EHD USB cable back into Hopper and EHD was recognized and videos play.
Is this a new bug or is my EHD about ready to go out? I've never actually had a problem with it and truthfully it gets light use.

Last edited:
CANNOT ARCHIVE 'GRACELAND' TO EHD - 722 locks every time.

I've got a 722 using a 1TB Mybook EHD. So far I can archive any of my other shows to the MyBook, but every time I choose 'Graceland' whether in HD or SD it will start the archival process, then just as it is nearly done, both tuners lock and the only way to regain control is to do a soft Reset(Power Button reset).

I've tried everything that I know so far and no joy.... I'm bumfuzzled.

I don't want to delete the whole season or the 'war dept' (S.O.) will divorce me.

I've even unplugged the sling adapter while attempting this and still no progress. There are nowhere near 999 shows on the EHD yet.

Any help is appreciated.

Well, I'm bumfuzzled as well. (You taught me a new word.) If you have another EHD to try, I'd see if you can save it that way.

hi guys
I have a 722 (I think), with a 1 TB HD attached. I have transferred a few shows now. It seems like the episode # will not show up...so I have no idea what episodes are on the hard drive?
Help!!
TIA

I can view program info on the EHD using my 722. Unless this is a firmware change all of a sudden, you should able to read the episode number. If it's not there, I fear for your EHD.

Just checked an EHD on one of my Hoppers. Under More Info I get episode numbers. Or just hit Info to see it.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

hi guys

Okay, I feel stupid.

While not on the main info screen, the episode #s show up when you hit the info button and go down to the detailed information layer.

Thanks

(also confirmed, I have a 722).

The Hopper provides a sort by Episode Number. This is good for checking whether you have all of them.
But the Tribune sometimes skips a number and sometimes it can be filled in much later.
I even have had one case of a skipped number next to a duplicate number that were different episodes--oops.
Nicer would be a sort by First Air Date as that is more reliable for sequencing witness BB final episode number.

-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)