External Hard Drive Archive Bug Thread

From
garys

• user-online.png
    SatelliteGuys Guru

Likes (Given)0Likes (Received)52Thanks (Given)0Thanks (Received)15Dislikes (Given)0Dislikes (Received)2
It is possible your account was tagged to an EA dish upgrade and you are not being allowed to make any changes on the account until this takes place. You should PM a DIRT member to check into this for you. Also, you already have a thread on this exact subject, you didn't need to start another one.

This is my problem

I've just been told a second time by dish that I have to upgrade my other equipment (sd ) to activate the dvr capabillity. This time they said it is because I live in Maryland.

I am at 61.5, 72, 77 on one dish on two 211's and the sd's are on a 500 dish since 1994( for sd's).

Also been told 2 terabyte drive will work on 211k, This is a seagate caviar with an external encloser.

Thank You
Steve

Now I'm pretty sure I know what's going on. You have those SD receivers active and now any time a change is attempted in the system, it is telling the agent that you need mpeg4 equipment because of the area in which you live since EA installs need MPEG4 equipment. The system has no way of knowing you have them on a 500 dish. I don't think there is a way for a CSR to get around this. If you had that SD equipment on a separate account there would be no issues.

I currently have a Vip722 with the Error 855, but only with the archived files on the EHD and transferring them back to the receiver, I have tried to play the archived show, it jumps into live tv. The archived shows might be from the previous 722 before I upgraded, I have checked the folder through linux, it shows it having root permissions.

I currently have a Vip722 with the Error 855, but only with the archived files on the EHD and transferring them back to the receiver, I have tried to play the archived show, it jumps into live tv. The archived shows might be from the previous 722 before I upgraded, I have checked the folder through linux, it shows it having root permissions.

Did you bundle or unbundled your account recently with one of the companies Dish bundles phone and Internet with?

I do remember having a EHD that I started on the previous 722 receiver before I unbundled. I did take some the files(folders) off that HD and transfer to one that has been formatted from the current 722 still won't except them. so that would make sense.

Unplugged mine awhile ago so I could install the Sling Adapter. Don't like anything plugged into the front port of my 722. Figured I could just plug it in when I wanted to transfer programs, but now it doesn't recognize being plugged in at all. My online "Equipment" tab shows the EHD as "Not Enabled", but I would think I'd get at least a popup if the authorization was lost and it needed another "hit".

Going to get a powered hub at some point so I can leave it in fulltime (and also plug in a USB cooling fan). I have access to an Ubuntu laptop at work. Going to try plugging the EHD into that and see if it gets recognized.

Thanks. I guess I'll give them a call tonight. I want to get some programs offloaded as I think the hard drive is going in my 722. Old recordings play fine. Anything I've recorded in the last few weeks jitters, skips, and freezes.

If they can play the content at all, it doesn't seem likely that this is the problem.

For DISHINSTALLADAMs issue I'm sure that the unbundle caused his issue. He had a bundled account number and after he unbundled, he was issued a new account number and due to that change, his EHD thinks this receiver is on a different account and in turn it prompts for a format.

EHD use on new account

We currently have a DISH account with an external HD. We are moving and are going to set up a new account at the new house (as opposed to using DISH mover). Will we be able to view our recordings on our external HD on the new equipment after activating it? Will it require us to reformat and lose the recordings? FYI...We have our own reasons why we are not doing the mover.

I believe it will kill the recordings.... When it sees a different account number, it won't let another receive access the recordings. At this point you might be better served by burning them to DVD-Rs if you need to save them.

I believe it will kill the recordings.... When it sees a different account number, it won't let another receive access the recordings. At this point you might be better served by burning them to DVD-Rs if you need to save them.
So how do you burn them from the EHD? I'm actually not quite as worried about the movies as I am about a state championship sporting event that we recorded on PBS that one of our kids competed in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)