External Hard Drive Problems with 922

banzaikid1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 6, 2005
I just got my 922 receiver today but I am have a problem with my external hard drive it is a 500gb Western Digital My DVR Expander. It was working perfect on my 722k but not it is plugged in to the new 922 and i can't access it. I go into My Media Transfer and into Home Media menus and it doesn't show up. I was wondering if anyone else is having the problem and if you have a solution. Please let me know.
Thanks
Brad

how long have you had the receiver plugged in?

It can take awhile sometimes. Also If you want to transfer programs do them one at a time. I was told (after it happened to me) if you do a select all then it corrupts the hard drive.

It has been plugged in for about an hour. But I still can't find the external hard drive in any of the menus.

It has been plugged in for about an hour. But I still can't find the external hard drive in any of the menus.

You may want to put your receiver into standby mode for a few hours. If that helps and the 922 eventually recogizes your EHD, you may also want to be careful and begin transferring only not important recordings before attempting to transfer all of your recordings. Check out this thread for more information.

Ok I'll give it a try over nite and see if it works in the morning.

Actually, you might want to just hold off until the software is updated. I lost a good chunk of my recordings because the transfer process is buggy and will delete your shows on the HDD even if they don't transfer to the receiver completely. I'd hate to have you loose shows like I did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)