External Sling Adapter & Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ohioankev

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
Will Dish Anywhere detect the Sling Adapter if it is connected with just the MoCa network or do you need to connect the internet with ethernet? I keep getting error 4 when trying to get my sling adapters to work and I'm trying to determine if they both just quit or if I'm doing something wrong. Should the light on top of the Sling Adapter be on even if I'm not slinging a program to my android device ?

Sling adapters only work with original Hopper without Sling or VIP722 receivers. The red light should always be on or the adapter is dead. The adapter gets it's internet from the receiver over the USB connection. The receiver must be connected to the internet.

Sling adapters only work with original Hopper without Sling or VIP722 receivers. The red light should always be on or the adapter is dead. The adapter gets it's internet from the receiver over the USB connection. The receiver must be connected to the internet.

Thanks, I wasn't sure about the red light. It seems both of my Sling Adapters have died and it's nothing on my end (other than the dead sling adapters)

Hmmm... mine just 'died' as well. I don't use it that much, so I'm not sure when it happened. I'm assuming it is not a software issue as others would have chimed in by now.

I have two for sale. Cheep.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I'm not really interested. I never used the Sling Adapters enough to justify the purchase. If anything I'm going to upgrade to a HWS vs. the Sling Adapter. However, thanks for the offer.

As long as this thread is already started, I'll jump in here. I currently have one hopper and two joeys and am considering getting a sling adapter. There are a few things I'm not sure about.

Does anyone know if the price is still around $50.00?

Does a tuner have to be free in order for me to watch a live show on dish anywhere (if three shows are recording at the same time, am I out of luck)?

I'm assuming I would be able to watch a live baseball game that is normally on my local RSN?

Would I be able to access my external hard drive, or just my DVR recordings?

Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

50 yes, tuner has to be free for live programming, I cannot see my external hard drive. Can watch live or recorded or on-demand .

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts