first 16 minutes don't record two days a week

kmmcdonald

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 18, 2006
We have two timers (and ONLY two) set for 6am M-F. On Wednesday and Thursday, the first 16 minutes of each of the two programs are not recorded. There are no timer conflicts at that time, and nothing else records at that time. Any advice on how to fix this, or what is causing this?

What time is your nightly update?

Perhaps it is running up to the time the recording starts.

Jim5506:

How can I determine when our nightly update occurs, and is it possible to select a different update time?

thanks

Keith

Yes you can/must select the update time on a VIP722 series. It ignores recording settings and will cut them.
The Hopper time cannot be selected but it will avoid recordings. In either case a manual reboot will cut them.
-Ken

I would normally agree, and I would still look at the time of the update, but why twice a week, same days, and none other do the programs get cut off at the start?

Our receiver is a VIP722K. I will try to figure out how to change the update time and report back.

Our receiver is a VIP722K. I will try to figure out how to change the update time and report back.

Is the timer for an OTA channel? I see somewhat frequent issues with OTA timers - additionally, what I will see is the on-screen info for recorded OTA content will display what appears to be an entire program. However, during playback the recording may end after 16 minutes - when the program is 30 minutes or 1 hour.

Go to the schedule and check the history. If it is a reboot, then the list will say STB reboot.
Get to it before the history is washed away by all the repeats.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)