extreme ll ku lnb

Status
Please reply by conversation.

icu1954

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2010
lower alabama
does anyone know about the skew on this lnb,i bought it a couple of days ago and played around with it a little today.It has an arrow on top pointing straight toward the front of the lnb..is this 0 skew for this lnb when the arrow is directly on top at the 12:00 position?

Last edited by a moderator:
If its like some others!you will need to turn it 90 degrees for best reception.

While that may be true with C-band LNBFs, I have never observed a KU-band LNBF that needed to be rotated 90 degrees out of the position indicated by the arrow or other indicators.

On that LNB, when the arrow is on top, you are at zero skew even though the body of the LNB is tilted to one side (not square with the ground).
It's a good performer, you will like it.

yep those Xtreme II's the coax port ends up being on the side on 0 skew. Seen threads like that numerous times where folks put it at 0 like other LNB's only to be frustrated with it not working

My Extreme went with a dish I gave away last year. From memory the coax port is about 30 deg off from pointing straight down. Someone who owns one should verify this.

Edit: Do you see the little arrow faintly stamped in the body? This is what you should go by.

Last edited:
Here is a pic. On the right side of the LNB there is a notch that is the zero skew spot

old pic of one (I hilited the notch)

Attachments

• Pict0019.JPG
    Pict0019.JPG
    9.8 KB · Views: 86
My Extreme went with a dish I gave away last year. From memory the coax port is about 30 deg off from pointing straight down. Someone who owns one should verify this.

Edit: Do you see the little arrow faintly stamped in the body? This is what you should go by.
the arrow is located on the right side of the lnb,and when i have lnb pointing at 12:00,the coax input is at 6:00 pointing directly at the ground.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts