Far away Ny stations

Jetfan101

Original poster
Feb 25, 2021
Poconos
Hi, I don't think it is possible but I have to ask. I live in pocono pa 18333. I have been try to figure out if it is even possible to get cbs ny. Or any other NY stations for that matter. Has anyone been successful. Thanks

Hi, I don't think it is possible but I have to ask. I live in pocono pa 18333. I have been try to figure out if it is even possible to get cbs ny. Or any other NY stations for that matter. Has anyone been successful. Thanks
Welcome to Satellite Guys! If you enter your info at the website below and you can see what you are likely (or unlikely) to receive at your location. Use your latitude and longitude for most accurate results and remember this is only a starting point. When I enter my location it says poor for all the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton stations but with the right antennas, amp, mounting spot and proper height I am able to get them all. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: TV Junkie
Welcome to Satellite Guys! If you enter your info at the website below and you can see what you are likely (or unlikely) to receive at your location. Use your latitude and longitude for most accurate results and remember this is only a starting point. When I enter my location it says poor for all the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton stations but with the right antennas, amp, mounting spot and proper height I am able to get them all. :)

FTA4PA is right and offers a very valid tip!

My data entry shows that I would POORLY receive 31 channels in my area.

In reality with my setup I am pulling 93 local stations / channels! Some as far 50+ miles!

Don't let calculated antenna estimates discourage you, get out there and see what you can pull...

Reactions: FTA4PA
Yeah I would definitely get out there and test it. I just punched up your data (provided zip) and wow, you may pull more than my 93!!

The table was so large the forum wouldn't let me paste / post it.

shareable link:

I was curios, so I counted 66! (More than double my estimated 31 and I am pulling 93)

Including 4 NY and 3 CBS (all PA) but that doesn't mean your desired station isn't available. Test test test!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)