Fastest Blind Scan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Styler1

On Vacation
Original poster
Dec 31, 2004
What does everyone recommend for a lightning fast blind scan receiver??. I tired one with my Coolsat 4000 to find some newsfeeds and it was sooooo slow.. I like my Coolsat 4K but to it's slow blind scanning it misses the DSNG feeds...

mercury II you can select quick or detailed. detailed is prety slow, I never owned a coolsat 4k to compare it to though. quick is quite fast and usually gets everything, once in awhile detailed will pick up a tp or two quick missed.

I recommend a satlook digital. Okay, that's technically not blind scan and it's not even a receiver, but it you want to find feeds fast, it's one of the best methods available. Another method of feed finding would be the BLSA, but you have to have some electronic skills as you have to build it yourself.

I recommend a satlook digital. Okay, that's technically not blind scan and it's not even a receiver, but it you want to find feeds fast, it's one of the best methods available. Another method of feed finding would be the BLSA, but you have to have some electronic skills as you have to build it yourself.

I know that the satlook digital is a spectrum analyzer, but what is a BLSA?

Also the Pansat blind scan seems to work well and is reasonable with its scan times.

lol, Ive also got a satlook NIT, wana talk about blindscan speed, maybe at the most it takes 1/4 sec for each polarity. works as an analog tuner as well if ya want :)

step up to the prodig for a built in dvb tuner. its about 4x as much though.

I have a Coolsat 5000 and it picks up almost every TP in a heckuva lot faster time than my Pansat 1500 does.
The only time I have issues is when the quality isnt very high...then it seems to skip unless I do a detail scan.

I have a Viewsat Extreme and it also seems to go pretty fast, also you can set the "steps" on the blind scan so you can breeze thru pretty fast when you leave it on steps of 12 or alot slower when you take it down to steps of 5. We should do a test pick a day and time and scan a certain bird that averyone gets, like G25 that has lots of channels and post in how long it took.

The fastes, the Traxis 3500 and very good to find new TP. I have had Fortec Ultra, Pansat 2500, 2700, 3500 and 5000, Sonicview, Coolsat and other and they are all very slow.

The fastes, the Traxis 3500 and very good to find new TP. I have had Fortec Ultra, Pansat 2500, 2700, 3500 and 5000, Sonicview, Coolsat and other and they are all very slow.

How much faster would you say the Traxis 3500 is compared to the Pansat 3500 ?

Also do any of the Traxis receivers have SD card capabilities?

Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.