Favorite Android Apps

SatinKzo

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 22, 2004
Louisiana
Since many of us are moving over to Android phones, I was thinking it would be nice to have a thread for our favorite Android App finds on the Market.

My personal fav's so far are:

Google Voice
Google Skymap
Pandora
Wifi Analyzer
Mabilo (ringtone downloads from movies, music, etc)
Astro File Manager
Metal Detector(yes it works pretty well)

to name a few. Of course I've downloaed lots and uninstalled them as I played with them and didn't like some as much.

*dang my fat fingers misspelled the title... can a staff member fix it when they get the chance please

Last edited:
Right now, google maps, and sky map are cool
Pandora is awesome!
Sports tap, and the facebook app are nice.

Get an app killer if you dont have one. Makes it really easy to shut down unwanted apps at one click.

THe compass app is neat too.

Been meaning to try the metal detector app, may download it now.

I don't have many issues with apps not closing properly, but Astro file manager does have a process manager in it for that purpose

I don't have many issues with apps not closing properly, but Astro file manager does have a process manager in it for that purpose

Havent had a problem with them not closing properly, but with app killer, you can close them all at the same time with one click, or you can check the ones you want to leave open, and close the rest.

Reactions: brejust
Right now, google maps, and sky map are cool
Pandora is awesome!
Sports tap, and the facebook app are nice.

Get an app killer if you dont have one. Makes it really easy to shut down unwanted apps at one click.

THe compass app is neat too.

Been meaning to try the metal detector app, may download it now.

Traitor!!!!:rant::rant::rant:

Lol, sorry tom! Once we get win mess working properly, or find a version that is close to how it acted on the BB, it will be like we never left:D

Who am I suppose to ask about stuff with my BB, Rey? He can't even keep a group going for more than a week.:rant::rant::rant::D

Lol, sorry tom! Once we get win mess working properly, or find a version that is close to how it acted on the BB, it will be like we never left:D
:eek:you'll be back?:eek:

Who am I suppose to ask about stuff with my BB, Rey? He can't even keep a group going for more than a week.:rant::rant::rant::D
:censored: just can't imagine rey being our leader!:D

LMAO! I still have the curve, and am keeping it charged so I can still check basic operation things. It makes a great alarm clock!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Satin, there is a good backgrounds app I found last night.

Lots of wallpapers to use.

Just search for backgrounds, it is the first option I think

LMAO! I still have the curve, and am keeping it charged so I can still check basic operation things. It makes a great alarm clock!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

and paperweight! :)

I have the backgrounds app, I forgot to mention that one. Some very cool ones and some funny as hell one ones.

Since many of us are moving over to Android phones, I was thinking it would be nice to have a thread for our favorite Android App finds on the Market.

My personal fav's so far are:

Google Voice
Google Skymap
Pandora
Wifi Analyzer
Mabilo (ringtone downloads from movies, music, etc)
Astro File Manager
Metal Detector(yes it works pretty well)

to name a few. Of course I've downloaed lots and uninstalled them as I played with them and didn't like some as much.

*dang my fat fingers misspelled the title... can a staff member fix it when they get the chance please

Thanks for posting that. I had downloaded Voice, skymap and an app killer so far. I think this thread will be very useful - if we can keep it on task. ;) :D

if anyone finds a good messenger app that will work uniformly across different OS, please let me know. We have tried google (wont do right with bb), Windows live (no group chat for android), Yahoo (same as windows), and AIM, no group chat.

Got some more that I played with today and they work fairly well.

ShopSavvy (scan barcodes and compare prices)
Amazon Widget (I just like how I can simply take a picture of something and amazon will usually be able to find it)
Wifi Analyzer
Toggle Wifi or wifi status (provides a nice alert if you happen to leave your wifi radio on and are not connected to anything)
Also Battery Widget by mippin.com (not only a battery meter, but a quick access to wifi, gps and bluetooth radio toggles)

Got some more that I played with today and they work fairly well.

ShopSavvy (scan barcodes and compare prices)
Amazon Widget (I just like how I can simply take a picture of something and amazon will usually be able to find it)
Wifi Analyzer
Toggle Wifi or wifi status (provides a nice alert if you happen to leave your wifi radio on and are not connected to anything)
Also Battery Widget by mippin.com (not only a battery meter, but a quick access to wifi, gps and bluetooth radio toggles)

The sense ui gives access to much of that stock.

I love that UI!

The sense ui gives access to much of that stock.

I love that UI!

Yeah, I know it does, I just didn't want a widge for each setting. The Battery Widget is just all in one 1x1 widget, instead of 3 1x1's.

Btw, I'm back on the Hero as I just like it more and there is a gurantee (as much as there can be) that it's getting 2.0.

Yeah, I know it does, I just didn't want a widge for each setting. The Battery Widget is just all in one 1x1 widget, instead of 3 1x1's.

Btw, I'm back on the Hero as I just like it more and there is a gurantee (as much as there can be) that it's getting 2.0.

Cool, did not know that.

How was the Moment?

The moment was nice. The keyboard was good, but not a key selling point after getting used to the hero on-screen one (best one I have ever used for on-screen, even easier than my ipod touch)

AMOLED display was gorgeous

Phone over all was worse at reception than the Hero (something I have noticed with most Samsung phones).
Location services were whacky as android 1.5 does not support AGPS (HTC put a patch in the Hero to get it working right)
Battery meter was whacked out. I even discharged 3 full times and while the actual battery life was great, the meter was not accurate at all. Normally not a big deal, but when the meter hit 15%, the screen dimmed, camera was disabled or no flash, keyboard backlight turned off very fast, etc. But the dang phone would go for literally 5 hours with 15% showing.

Bottom line is with the hero rooted, a guarantee of 2.0 and no deal breakers that I can workaround/fix on the hero compared to the moment, I decided to swap back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 8)