Favorite Android Apps

It works now. Maybe the site got overloaded or something.

Still waiting on sling. :(

Found a story on phonearena.com about a map app for Android and iPhone for all of the parks at Walt Disney World. Complete with park hours; info on fast passes; basic menus for restaurants, and of course gps to pinpoint where you are in the parks.

Since we are going for a week in June, I decided to spend the $3.99 and buy it. While I won't bee able to really say how useful it is until I go, from playing with it this afternoon, it is pretty cool.

They have one for Disneyland too.

I searched WDW in android marketplace. The company's website is Android Theme Park Maps - I got the WDW Box Set.

The folks at Droid Life have ported most of the Android 2.1 apps from the Nexus to the Moto Droid.

See install genie weather widget from android 2.1 | droid life

I installed the Weather Genie widget - it is incredible; provides up to date news and much better weather than the old widget; also installed the new gallery with its features. Again, very nice. They have also ported the new LAUNCHER, but I am not willing to install it; some reports of forced closes, and some reports of it slowing down the Droid (obviously that one is pretty invasive, and I'll wait until the official version comes out.

Check it out - some good apps over there, and free for the downloading. :)

Since posting I have played with the weather and news widget and I really like this app. It is pretty darn cool, and gets coveted place on my main home page. While it may take away some of the excitement when 2.1 actually rolls out, this one is worth having now.

The app is not out yet, but Dropbox today announced mobile web support for their incredible file sync program (available through m.dropbox.com ) -- and gave a hint to Blackberry and Android users that they have something coming for us soon! I tried the mobile version and it works well on my Droid.

If you have Moto Droid and installed the ported 2.1 apps I discussed above, Droid Life is recommending uninstalling them before the 2.1 OTA update, to ensure a clean install.

Go to Settings, Applications, Manage Applications, select the app you installed, and then uninstall.

I did it for the News and Weather and Gallery apps, in under a minute. Figure better safe than sorry.

Any app for setting notification rtimes?.. I don't want to go to bed and be woken up by drrroooiiiidddd. Call me crazy but that makes for a rough night.

Any app for setting notification rtimes?.. I don't want to go to bed and be woken up by drrroooiiiidddd. Call me crazy but that makes for a rough night.

Not sure of one, but a good idea. I turn my Droid to buzzer at night. As with mine, the night time call of Commander Worf saying "Captain, Incoming message" is a bit much. :)

Is that something you'd want to toggle on and off at different times ? On the Eris (I don't know if it's an HTC feature or part of Android) but I can set a contact to "always go to voice mail". Of course, if the caller isn't in your "People" list, that won't apply...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 8)

Latest posts