Favorite Android Apps

Audio manager is a good app to let you control the audio level of each notification. It allows you to have a loud ringer for phone and a quieter one for notifications. And so on....

Some of my most used apps not discussed so far would have to be
Shazaam(uses phone to identify songs, great for songs on the radio that you would like to know)

IMusic(download mp3s directly to your phone)

K9 mail - much better than stock email on moto droid

Beautiful widgets- gives your phone a great looking clock and weather widget, you can even skin it to your preferance

SetCPU - if you are rooted it let's you overclock your phone processor. With moto droid stock is 550mhz and I'm running 1ghz with setcpu it really makes a difference.

And the best for last.....

Swype - it is a beta release of the swype keyboard soon coming to android. Even in beta this soft keyboard is invaluable, it makes texting and overall typing on the phone effortless. Check it out on youtube then google it to download since it is not in the market. I am typing all of this on my droid or I would post links.

I've paid for Touchdown and have few complaints about getting my Exchange work email over it. The version of Exchange we use at work is not friendly with the stock mail program on my Droid.

I don't use an android system but heard this in the news today so consider this just a PSA-

There are a number of Google Android apps that are being sold for doing online banking from your Android phone. Many of these are actually spyware, reporting your financial access information back to a party you are not aware of. It is the advisory that you never use any finance app that access your accounts unless it came specifically from your financial institution. Google said it has begun to remove several of these apps from it's store after receiving reports from users.

When it comes to Apple iphone apps, the qualification process is so controlled and screened in advance of sales they have not yet had an issue like this so 3rd party apps not obtained through your financial institution from the apple sources should be OK. But to be especially safe, always try to use apps obtained from your financial institution and nowhere else.

You know what. I was afraid of something like this so I vowed to not use any app that wanted my information like that or anything similar.

Easiest way to avoid spyware and apps that are gathering your information is to use common sense.

I agree, I didn't see Google Talk at a glance on the market, just a bunch of Google Talk related apps not published by Google. If I need it I'll go to somone I trust like Meebo for it (since they have an app).

If there's a Bank of America app and it's not made by... drumroll please... Bank of America... it's not something people should be downloading.

Google Talk is likely pre-installed and un-removable (on an un-rooted phone). No Google apps are available from the Market anyway.

Google Talk is likely pre-installed and un-removable (on an un-rooted phone). No Google apps are available from the Market anyway.

Not true. The google voice app IS in the market, and there are a BUNCH of google apps in the market. (Google Listen, Google Voice, and others).

Not true on the apps from the Market.

Here are the ones that I found via the Market

Google Sky
Google Translate
Google Voice
My Maps Editor

As someone who's abandoned trying to use the physical keyboard, i type exponentially faster with swype than I do tapping. I love it so far. Will give it a few days and see how I feel about it.