Favorite fast food place?

Five Guys Burgers and Fries recently opened in my area, so I checked it out this weekend.

It was the best fast food cheeseburger I've ever had....it rivaled what I cook for myself at home. The "small" fry was made from fresh cut potatoes and cooked in peanut oil. It was big enough to easily serve 2-3.

I'll definetely be returning.

Menu | Five Guys Burgers and Fries

I tried Five Guys over the weekend. Real good stuff. As Sky said, it was probably the best "fast-food" burger around. I kinda feel bad for Fatburger who opened a shop nearby not to long ago. This place will take a lot of business away from Fatburger.

Five Guys menu was pretty simple. Not a whole lot of options, other than what kind of toppings you want on it.

The only downfall I could think of was that the burgers come with American cheese and there are no milkshakes. I guess you got to stick to what you know and that's what Five Guys does. My only suggestion is to offer a variety of cheese on your burger instead of the default American slice.

The fries are awesome as well. Fresh cut and fried in peanut oil. They don't taste greasy at all. And the free peanuts are a nice touch. I cracked open a few while I was waiting in line for my meal.

I had the double cheeseburger with lettuce, tomato, bacon and BBQ sauce. It came on a soft kaiser bun. I am already thinking about my next visit. :hungry:

Five Guys menu was pretty simple. Not a whole lot of options, other than what kind of toppings you want on it.
That's often a benefit though. Where I'm originally from, Lima, there's a local hamburger restaurant called "Kewpee". They pretty have burgers, fries, malts, and pop, errr, I mean "soda". Story goes that Dave Thomas, founder of Wendy's, copied them... Their burgers are similar. There's even an "I Love Kewpee" (or something like that) Facebook page.

I tried Five Guys over the weekend. Real good stuff. As Sky said, it was probably the best "fast-food" burger around. I kinda feel bad for Fatburger who opened a shop nearby not to long ago. This place will take a lot of business away from Fatburger.

The only downfall I could think of was that the burgers come with American cheese and there are no milkshakes. I guess you got to stick to what you know and that's what Five Guys does. My only suggestion is to offer a variety of cheese on your burger instead of the default American slice.

The fries are awesome as well. Fresh cut and fried in peanut oil. They don't taste greasy at all. And the free peanuts are a nice touch. I cracked open a few while I was waiting in line for my meal.

I had the double cheeseburger with lettuce, tomato, bacon and BBQ sauce. It came on a soft kaiser bun. I am already thinking about my next visit. :hungry:

My wife and I were saying the same thing about Fatburger. Five guys is better, and if I can remember correctly, slightly cheaper.

I go with the double with bacon, grilled onions, lettuce, jalepenos, and BBQ....so good....

My wife and I were saying the same thing about Fatburger. Five guys is better, and if I can remember correctly, slightly cheaper.

I go with the double with bacon, grilled onions, lettuce, jalepenos, and BBQ....so good....

I do seem to remember Fatburger being more expensive too. Their fries weren't that great either. They had those shoe-string fries that got cold in a second.

After our meal at Five Guys, (which had a continuous line the entire time we were there) we drove by Fatburger to see how many people were there. On a Friday at 6:30pm, there was only 1 couple in the place! Plus, Fatburger is located right next to a Circuit City, which is now abandoned! Poor, poor Fatburger.

The price of five guys is what got me though when we went, it came to $23 - $25 for two adults and a 4 year old to have lunch which consisted of two cheese burgers two fries two drinks and a kids meal. I did like the burger but not the heavily salted fries, would I say that they could run other joints out of business?? Not unless the other joint is already bad or even more overpriced, the two we have in town now haven't hurt the chains their next to or the mom and pop "The Grill".

Cant remember if I posted in this thread before but here goes.

Quizno's for awesome subs,
Burger king on the fly,
Sonic for cherry limeade route 44 and some great toasted sandwiches,
Captain D's for fish sandwiches,
The taco stand for good taco's,
Barberetto's for the best damned burritto's you will ever have anywhere in the freakin world yea baby!!!!
KFC for honey bbq boneless wings 20 pack,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)