FCC Docket 05-72: Public Comments against sale/transfer of VOOM Licenses

Comments filed can be read by clicking here. At this moment you will see 32 comments (including E*'s initial ones) as well as the commenter's name and addresses.

Thanks for participating in the public process. It should be interesting to see how E* replies to those comments (if they bother) after March 31st and how the FCC summarizes them.

JL

Done-

Reading through them, I saw one supporter of the sale on the basis that E* would be using the assets to support it's 11M customers which is more than the few VOOM customers to date. The point is that E*'s intended use for these assets is to support more LIL redundant programming which is likely not going to be of benefit to the 11 million but rather a few locals in isolated communities who wish to receive otherwise available for free local TV stations for a fee.

Also, I read a few who were understandable against the sale but didn't exactly state that. Instead, all they commented on was that they wished the FCC to allow VOOM to continue to offer HDTV. I suggest any who decide to send in their comments, make it absolutely clear you oppose the transfer sale of the licenses and assets. Stating you want VOOM to continue is not really a clear protest comment of the sale and transfer of licenses.

Don Landis said:
Done-

Reading through them, I saw one supporter of the sale on the basis that E* would be using the assets to support it's 11M customers which is more than the few VOOM customers to date. The point is that E*'s intended use for these assets is to support more LIL redundant programming which is likely not going to be of benefit to the 11 million but rather a few locals in isolated communities who wish to receive otherwise available for free local TV stations for a fee.

Also, I read a few who were understandable against the sale but didn't exactly state that. Instead, all they commented on was that they wished the FCC to allow VOOM to continue to offer HDTV. I suggest any who decide to send in their comments, make it absolutely clear you oppose the transfer sale of the licenses and assets. Stating you want VOOM to continue is not really a clear protest comment of the sale and transfer of licenses.

I am not sure how the FCC is going to read the comments. It just says brief comment on their web page.

It is most likely best to out and out state you are against the sale. After that you can give your reasons... like you enjoy voom, it is the only HDTV satellite service available, satellite tv (dbs) needs competition to keep the costs low, it is against the anti-trust laws, you have tried Dish Network and/or Direct TV and found them lacking... reading through the comments those seem to be most of the reasons people are giving that they don't want the sale to go through.

I did see 4 posts for the sale. Two from people, and two from Echostar. I guess Echostar has to post to comply with the law from reading it. It was just legal stuff.

roland

done!

my Confirmation Number is 2005325145782

i hope this will actually have some influence - with enough people it probably will

"It is most likely best to out and out state you are against the sale. After that you can give your reasons..."

Absolutely! Even if most of what you have as your reasons are just carbon copy of what has already been stated. I read through what other's posted and put a slight twist to the reasons but avoided the legal interpretations. I didn't feel comfortable stating it was against the anti trust laws for the simple reason-- I'm far from an expert on the law. I'm only an expert on how it will affect me.

However, my reasons would be shot to hell if Echostar offered in a contract with the people, to guarantee carriage of all those channels that VOOM gave us, including VOOM exclusives if available, on their system so that we would not be without. By doing this E* would, in effect, go from their present 8 or so HDTV channels to 43 in MPEG2 by current count.

Are you sure it's better for Voom if the sale doesn't go through?

Cablevision wants the money. They may react very badly if they don't get it (cut Voom off cold)?

David_Levin said:
Are you sure it's better for Voom if the sale doesn't go through?

Cablevision wants the money. They may react very badly if they don't get it (cut Voom off cold)?
Sean pointed out that legal issues are the reason the sale of VOOM assets is taking so long.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts