FCC Docket 05-72: Public Comments against sale/transfer of VOOM Licenses

LAST DAY TO FILE - MARCH 28th

As noted, the last day to file comments on the FCC license transfer for Rainbow1 and the Blackhawk uplink is TODAY, March 28th.
"The filing deadline times for comments are as follows: Electronic/email - before 12:00 a.m. midnight, Hardcopy (paper) - by 7:00 p.m. Comments become available throughout each day as they are disseminated."​
The FCC is located in the Eastern Time Zone.

For more information on filing comments, visit the FCC website
http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/ecfs/

The simplest way to file a comment is online. Start at the following page:
http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/upload_v2.cgi - use proceeding 05-72

To view comments others have posted, Click Here. Note that the FCC needs your real name and address, and will release this information including your comments to the public.

You may wish to read the tips earlier in this thread on how to phrase your comments. I suggest that you read the actual application for best inspiration, and write useful comments based on the issue. If there is ever a time to stay on topic and on target, it is in public comments to the FCC! :)

JL

Today's Headlines at the SatBizNews website states, "VOOM SUBS COME TO DOLAN’S DEFENSE". This headline is in reference to their FaxUpdate linked on the front page of this thread found here and subscriber comments being received at the FCC.

Also, "Comments on the planned EchoStar-Cablevision transaction are due at the FCC on Monday, and many will be closely watching to see if Dolan has found an ally to file against the deal." Keep your browsers pointed right here at the Satelliteguys VOOM Forum today for any breaking news.

FYI, the FCC has up to 24 business hours in which to update a particular docket file. All Friday evening and weekend comments, etc. shall be posted by COB.

I am a Dish subsciber and posted in favor of Voom keeping Rainbow 1 because I think that we could use more competition (ie: another provider). If Voom stays up then it will force Dish and DTV to more a little faster with their HD. If Voom dies then they will start dragging their feet.

Confirmation #2005328598686

'2005328921539 '

My .02 there, just posted:

History is rife with examples where some bright, new, up and coming product or service was bought out by a major corporation providing a similar product/service with the stated intent of using that newer, brighter product/service to enhance their primary product/service.

Then as soon as they retained ownership, they immediately shelved that newly acquired product/service, to keep their primary product/service out there and unthreatened by competition.

This could happen here.

I oppose all moves that would stifle the competition that VOOM is presenting to the other satellite providers.

I have VOOM, and as a professional provider of calibration services for high definition TVs around the country, have seen on display screens around the country all the other providers of HD. NONE come close to all that VOOM has been offering, since day one of their existence. And what VOOM offers in terms of new HD content continues to grow, week by week, month by month.

Please stop the gobbling up of a beautiful HD provider by anybody else. Please allow VOOM to stay sovereign and able to continue to remain here in all its glory, providing for us like nobody else ever has.

Robert Jones
Mr Bob on the Internet
Image Perfection

Well, it's already 266 comments. 264 if we exclude the first two with the application itself.
According to my count, only 6-7 (or so) of them are in support of the license transfer to E*...