Features you wish the hopper had

Plenty, especially in the Apps department. They COULD add a Netflix app, but I'm pretty darned sure they won't.

They could add full integration between Hoppers.

How would they add features in any way besides via software updates?

I get long lists of saved programs, and it would be nice if they would show in my DVR list from the earliest recorded at the top down to the last recorded. I have to scroll through the entire list to get to the one that was recorded first, which is usually the earliest episode number.

I've always missed the TiVo feature to go forward (maybe reverse, too, if you were well-into a program) in "chunks" of time: to the 15-, 30-, or 45-minute mark with just a few clicks on the remote.

I've always missed the TiVo feature to go forward (maybe reverse, too, if you were well-into a program) in "chunks" of time: to the 15-, 30-, or 45-minute mark with just a few clicks on the remote.

Charter Cable has the same thing in their DVRs. I had mine set for three minutes to go thru the commercials.

Have an icon/folder in the DVR menu instead of a drop down menu for selecting another Hopper or external hard drive. Would save a few clicks of the remote and give the edit button a colored quick button.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys

As others have found, you can have too many, sometimes 36 or 100, tiles for programs to select say in a transfer to/from the EHD and you cannot select the later ones. By date those are the oldest and by name those with a "the" or "two" will be hard to get to. I was reorganizing my archive when I hit this. A reversal of the sort would have helped. The biggest help would be a plain list without tiles and just a checkbox. This request has been around a long time.
-Ken

Time Remaining on Recording

I know this may be a little anal, but I would like to be able to press Select to see the time remaining when watching a recording. If I remember correctly, it worked this way on the 722. I know I can pause and un-pause to see the time remaining, but it would be nice to just press Select.

I know this may be a little anal, but I would like to be able to press Select to see the time remaining when watching a recording. If I remember correctly, it worked this way on the 722. I know I can pause and un-pause to see the time remaining, but it would be nice to just press Select.

Just press Select. Time Left is in the banner display....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get long lists of saved programs, and it would be nice if they would show in my DVR list from the earliest recorded at the top down to the last recorded. I have to scroll through the entire list to get to the one that was recorded first, which is usually the earliest episode number.

Try grouping by name and then, when in the group, sort by episode number. DVR date within the name list also works pretty well if recorded date is more important than episode number because you are looking at a list with not more than a page or two of episodes.

Press the Cancel or Select button, it shows you time remaining....

?

Two things for me:

1. When a new timer is created have the choice to add it as #1 on the priority list or #n (last).

2. When a timer conflict arises the display currently shows it with a red line thru the at risk show. Sometimes that same show is available later in the day, or the next day. When there is another session (and it is selected for recording at a later time) show the line thru the timer in an alternate (not red) color and adjust the timer warning to "delayed event" (or something like that).

Other than those two items I am very happy with my Hoppers and Joey.

Not trying to start an argument since that would certainly be nice, however the machine would need to be recording every channel to make this happen.

Exactly what it does when you are viewing the channel. That is why you can go back to where you tuned to the channel to begin with (within limits).

the ability to show caller-id on a connected Hopper when the phone line is connected to another Hopper on the MoCA network.

the ability to show caller-id on a connected Hopper when the phone line is connected to another Hopper on the MoCA network.

Hmmm, My Joeys show Caller ID from my phone line connected Hopper. I wonder why the 2nd Hopper doesn't do the same thing....

Make the Hopper a full,real "DLNA Server" (there are enough free implementations around) and forget about all the "Sling that is not really Sling" stuff.

Software development kit (SDK) so we can make our own apps.

SDK has been released, but I think there is an approval process for developers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)