Please reply by conversation.

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
DirecTV has announed their Price Increases for 2011.

This year effective February 10th, generally it is applied to your first billing cycle after Feb 10th.

All Current packages (Choice, Choice Extra, Choice Ultimate) increase $2.

All Legacy packages (like Total Choice, etc) increase $3.

I received clarification the Premier will NOT increase, Premier packages will stay the same as last year.

The big one: Extra Receivers increase $1 to $6 each, first time this changed in forever.
(Also, the verbage now is first two receivers are $6, so they could start charging $6 to one receiver customers via this wording).

HBO goes up $1 to $15.99.

Spanish packages go up $1.50, except Optimo Mas Plus DVR, which drops $2.

attachment.php

Last edited:
I don't mind the $2 or $3 increase too much, this is pretty normal each year.

The $1 increase in receivers is a bit alarming, for many people like me that is a $5 increase. Dish has done this several times, and now some receivers cost as much as $17 extra at Dish. I hope this is not a sign of changes to come at Directv, as they have not followed that trend.

Thanks for the update Jason. It's better then I feared it might be. The content providers are out of control with their price increases.

Off Topic.....good luck next weekend.....I hope RR leaves after :)

Man, I had to Re Read the post .....
First time thru I thought addl. recvrs were going UP $ 6 .....

So my monthly bill will be going up $ 6, that's PLENTY.... More than previous years.

Last edited by a moderator:
eh a $4 increase ($2 on the package...$1 on 2 receivers).....still a bargain and I wont be complaining. I guess one day a month I have to think twice about going out to eat so I can pay the extra fee ;)

I expect more national HD channels in 2011. Plenty more.

7 dollar increase for me. $2 for my programming package and $5 for my 5 receivers. Not terrible. The programming package increase is in line with previous increases so no big deal and being that this is the first extra receiver price increase that I can remember it doesn't offend me either. Compared to receiver fees others charge it's still a good deal. So while I do have an increase I'm not mad. I recently dropped Starz, Showtime and the Sports pack (I don't have HBO/Max) so that saved me $35 plus tax so my bill is still good.

I joined Netflix to make up for the missing movie channels.

$4 increase for me. A lot better news than when I had the $17 increase for Dish last year.

I just hope there are no big surprises come February.

Whew...I also thought reciever fees were going up six dollars each as well. I am looking at a two dollar increase for now as I have premier so we will see where that stand after they announce. Though right now I have programing credits that should offset. I guess I will look a bit more after they announce what premier will be

xmetalx (a Directv employee on dbstalk) posted the price increases for 2011 and Satelliteracer all but confirmed the accuracy. Here is the 2011 changes:

All Current packages (Choice, Choice Extra, Choice Ultimate) increase $2.
[snip]
They didn't clarify how much Premier will change.
I received email today from DIRECTV showing the price changes for 2011 and Premier is not listed so it appears to be unchanged. Since there is no indication that the monthly price for the Premier is changing so maybe you can change the first line quoted above to remove "all" (yes, nitpicky, but ... I saw a nit and I picked it!)?

There's also no mention of HD Access Fee, so that would seem to be unchanged as well. I hope someday the "cost" of HD will be incorporated into the monthly package rates so there's no separate fee for HD. That would shut up the cable companies as well, always bragging about "free HD"!

attachment.php

Price Change for Feb 2011.GIF

I received email today from DIRECTV showing the price changes for 2011 and Premier is not listed so it appears to be unchanged. Since there is no indication that the monthly price for the Premier is changing so maybe you can change the first line quoted above to remove "all" (yes, nitpicky, but ... I saw a nit and I picked it!)?

There's also no mention of HD Access Fee, so that would seem to be unchanged as well. I hope someday the "cost" of HD will be incorporated into the monthly package rates so there's no separate fee for HD. That would shut up the cable companies as well, always bragging about "free HD"!

attachment.php

View attachment 59874

I got the same email less than an hour ago ...

I just got my email. In the end Directv still has the channels I watch and its more HD than my Cable company. I have Premiere so will see if a modified price list comes out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts