February 2011 Price Increases

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think they were just asking if the Verizon Directv customers would have the annual price increase too, which they will. There isn't an increase beyond what all other Directv customers will experience.

Is DIRECTV available thru AT&T Uverse, Or would I be better off going back to DIRECTV I was a customer several years ago I still have all of my receivers except for my Tivo unit. I want to be able to use one in my RV, should I get an RV contract, so I can get DNS or just use a box fom my house?

w6pea said:
Is DIRECTV available thru AT&T Uverse, Or
would I be better off going back to DIRECTV I was a customer several years ago I still have all of my receivers except for my Tivo unit. I want to be able to use one in my RV, should I get an RV contract, so I can get DNS or just use a box fom my house?

Directv is available thru AT&T, not part of U Verse though.
Should you set up a RV account ? If you want DNS channels, that may be the only way ...
Remember, IF you set up a RV account, you'll have a wbole seperate bill (full bill).
Your call, it depends on how bad you want what you want.

Not bad of raises, better than Dish Network, when they raised there Receiver rates by like 8 a month or so.

Well I went back to DirecTV. I dumped AT&T U-Verse, boy I should have called them before I had DirecTV installed they wanted to give me everything in the U-Verse 450 Package for $29.95 for 12 months.(they were probably blowing smoke like a politician)
So I got DirecTV for 65.49 a month for 12 months.Not bad considering I have 4 boxes in the house. I asked about using one of my old receivers for in the RV. The lady asked for the model and serial number off the box it's compatible, so I had them reactivate it. The nice thing is I already own that box so I can have them turn it on and shut it off when I use it and don't use it. I understand that I am still paying for a receiver but it's not a leased receiver. That way I can turn it on and off as many times a year as I want not being restricted to only 2 times a year.

I know I can have it billed thru AT&T but I would rather deal with DirecTV.

Well I went back to DirecTV. I dumped AT&T U-Verse, boy I should have called them before I had DirecTV installed they wanted to give me everything in the U-Verse 450 Package for $29.95 for 12 months.(they were probably blowing smoke like a politician)
So I got DirecTV for 65.49 a month for 12 months.Not bad considering I have 4 boxes in the house. I asked about using one of my old receivers for in the RV. The lady asked for the model and serial number off the box it's compatible, so I had them reactivate it. The nice thing is I already own that box so I can have them turn it on and shut it off when I use it and don't use it. I understand that I am still paying for a receiver but it's not a leased receiver. That way I can turn it on and off as many times a year as I want not being restricted to only 2 times a year.

I know I can have it billed thru AT&T but I would rather deal with DirecTV.

I believe, if you bundle with AT&T and have a D* issue, you would still call D*.

correct. The only time you need to call AT&T is for billing. Everything else goes through D*
I have Qwest and its the same way.

Status
Please reply by conversation.