February 2011 Price Increases

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
For markets that don't have a CW station they offer channel 384/385 for $3/mo (going up to $3.50).

Some DMAs have this included already when the CW station is a cable only type CW.
For example in Grand Rapids MI CW is on cable (ch7) and on OTA (3-2). The station owner in the DMA (ch3) could negotiate to have their feed aired via satellite but to date that hasn't happened. Instead we get CW from Washington DC on channel 14 (mirror of 385). The only difference is that we don't have to pay the $3/mo.

I know that in our area the local cw is not on D* but we get one from reno at no extra charge.

I'm still confused on the additional receiver fee. Right now, I have 3 receivers. One is included in the package price and then I'm paying $5 for each 2nd and 3rd receivers. Can someone explain what my fees will be now with this?

You will now pay $6 for the 2nd and 3rd receiver instead of the $5 you were paying

You will now pay $6 for the 2nd and 3rd receiver instead of the $5 you were paying
So I should see a total increase of $2 total for additional receiver fees ($1 more for each extra box). The confusing part is when they talk about $6 for the first two receivers.

So I should see a total increase of $2 total for additional receiver fees ($1 more for each extra box). The confusing part is when they talk about $6 for the first two receivers.

You are correct, a $2 increase for the programming, unless you've got a grandfathered package and $1 for each addl. recvr you have after the original one.

Looks like your bill will go up by $4 total.

You are correct, a $2 increase for the programming, unless you've got a grandfathered package and $1 for each addl. recvr you have after the original one.

Looks like your bill will go up by $4 total.
Sounds about right. That aside, what the hell are they talking about $6 for the first two receivers?

Sounds about right. That aside, what the hell are they talking about $6 for the first two receivers?

They changed the wording, but not the meaning, of how they charge for the second, third, etc boxes.

The wording was done in a way though, so they could probably charge you 6 dollars if you only have one receiver. This way get money they were not possibly getting before. Even though before it acted like the first receiver was free. I think for some people, all be it only a small number, will have their bills go up by 6 bucks due to just this wording change in Directv's new prices. Then if they didn't have to top package they were hit my other increases like the rest of us.

Since when does directv offer dns cw channels? I thought dish net was the only sat provider to offer distant cw channels?

Why can't this thread be a sticky? It's kind of hard to find & is beneficial for many of us here looking at our different options.

I just wanted to post the notice I got through email for the Spanish packages. The only difference from the first post is that the current Spanish packages will NOT go up $1.50. Other than that, all the info is the same.

Attachments

• 2011_price_increase_spanish.pdf
    473.8 KB · Views: 245
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)