February 2011 Price Increases

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Account stacking is all that comes to mind.

I can't believe you've never been audited.

If your commercial, you would have a completely different rate,and it would not apply to this thread.

Account stacking is all that comes to mind.

I can't believe you've never been audited.

If your commercial, you would have a completely different rate,and it would not apply to this thread.

Hemi I dealt with accounts where they were residential accounts with 27 boxes is been the highest I seen. Most of the time it just people with more money then what they know what to do with .

Hemi I dealt with accounts where they were residential accounts with 27 boxes is been the highest I seen. Most of the time it just people with more money then what they know what to do with .
Yea , I hear ya!

How does D* not start asking Questions when your over 6 boxes? I mean Com'on 27 boxes.

Thats legit???? I would be knocking at the door of that house under cover, and if I didn't see 27 boxes, there would be an arrest made.

I could see 27 on a commercial account.
Not residential.

I couldn't imaging a CSR activating number 15, let alone number 27.:D

D* busted my chops over having 1 D* receiver in my office, Because they said thats commercial and would require a commercial account.
Yea, now imagine 27.

Last edited:
Yea , I hear ya!

How does D* not start asking Questions when your over 6 boxes? I mean Com'on 27 boxes.

Thats legit???? I would be knocking at the door of that house under cover, and if I didn't see 27 boxes, there would be an arrest made.

I could see 27 on a commercial account.
Not residential.

I couldn't imaging a CSR activating number 15, let alone number 27.:D

D* busted my chops over having 1 D* receiver in my office, Because they said thats commercial and would require a commercial account.
Yea, now imagine 27.

Now I am not in signal integerty so I cant say 100 percent sure but I often see preemptive service calls, which I think in my own opinion is the send the tech out to make sure everything is ok and that there is 27 boxes . But usually alot of these boxes are in the more posh areas of the country and your usually talking to a butler or maintance person.

wow...27 rooms!, I am guesiing these folks have the package that I think was called "platinum" or something like that

Now I am not in signal integerty so I cant say 100 percent sure but I often see preemptive service calls, which I think in my own opinion is the send the tech out to make sure everything is ok and that there is 27 boxes . But usually alot of these boxes are in the more posh areas of the country and your usually talking to a butler or maintance person.
Must be a movie star with ST and a different game on every TV

And since every team doesn't play at the same time, I wonder what else he and his neighbors are watching.;)
I mean just him!:D;);)

Sorry Stone I just find it hard to believe anyone would have D* in 27 rooms legal!:D
With a residential account.

wow...27 rooms!, I am guesiing these folks have the package that I think was called "platinum" or something like that

Titanium package, it was originally $10k/yr, then went to $12.5k IIRC, now they say it is sold out and unavailable. I think it only included 10 receivers though.

how is it they sold out ? Duh

Titanium package, it was originally $10k/yr, then went to $12.5k IIRC, now they say it is sold out and unavailable. I think it only included 10 receivers though.
recall Shaquille O'Neal had a $15,000 a year wide open dtv service. in his divorce papers.
how is it they sold out ?
sell a few thousand more of those and they would not have to *Washington and Lincoln us so much lol
In the Great Depression II wages are down if you can find them,yet utilities,insurance and government are fighting deflation. end :rant:

* Washington and Lincoln has now replaced the old nickel and dime saying!!!

Last edited:

An arrest made? There is nothing illegal about not having all the receivers in the same location. Account stacking is not illegal so the only thing that thy could do is cancel the service on the person.

An arrest made? There is nothing illegal about not having all the receivers in the same location. Account stacking is not illegal so the only thing that thy could do is cancel the service on the person.
Um I think your wrong, I'm really sure its not legal to distribute cable or satellite signal without being authorized.
It may not be jail time, but just becase its a fine , doesn't make it OK.
I bet a lot more would happen to you then just a disconnect of service.

Um I think your wrong, I'm really sure its not legal to distribute cable or satellite signal without being authorized.
It may not be jail time, but just becase its a fine , doesn't make it OK.
I bet a lot more would happen to you then just a disconnect of service.

Account stacking is a LOT different than restransmitting the signal. With account stacking you are not distributing the signal to others.

Here, this is what your in for if you choose to Distribute Directv service to your friends.
Doesn't sound legal to me!

DIRECTV Sues Virginia Residents for Unauthorized Distribution of DIRECTV Programming | Business Wire

Fraudulently obtaining and rebroadcasting satellite TV signals is a serious violation of several federal and state laws that can result in extremely painful financial consequences for any one who engages in this activity"

Wow the one article you point to is a person that is transmitting the service to 100's of people over a cable system. This is a ton different than the account stacking that was being discussed. And yes I can see this article pointing to illegal activity but it is different.

Wow the one article you point to is a person that is transmitting the service to 100's of people over a cable system. This is a ton different than the account stacking that was being discussed. And yes I can see this article pointing to illegal activity but it is different.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

If your providing someone else service, its not legal. Doesn't matter if its 100 or 5. Your taking money for services your not authorized to provide.

And if your not taking money, your dumb, Because I wouldn't provide someone tv service for free when I have to pay for it.

Last edited:
Account stacking is a LOT different than restransmitting the signal. With account stacking you are not distributing the signal to others.
Wow!! Just becase they are using their Dish, doesn't mean your not providing the service.

I really hope you don't believe this statement you made.:eek:

Read this!

“Fraudulently obtaining and rebroadcasting satellite TV signals is a serious violation of several federal and state laws that can result in extremely painful financial consequences for any one who engages in this activity,” said James Whalen, vice president of DIRECTV’s Office of Signal Integrity.

Wow!! Just becase they are using their Dish, doesn't mean your not providing the service.

I really hope you don't believe this statement you made.:eek:

Read this!

“Fraudulently obtaining and rebroadcasting satellite TV signals is a serious violation of several federal and state laws that can result in extremely painful financial consequences for any one who engages in this activity,” said James Whalen, vice president of DIRECTV’s Office of Signal Integrity.

You do know that Apple also said jailbraking the iPhone was illegal and we all know different now. Of course Directv is going to say this. At this point moving is also just as bad as you are "fraudulently" obtaining service.

You do know that Apple also said jailbraking the iPhone was illegal and we all know different now. Of course Directv is going to say this. At this point moving is also just as bad as you are "fraudulently" obtaining service.
Not the same.

"moving" is for Personal use per your own personal account.

Now if I was giving my Neighbor "OUT of Market" Locals and charging him $5, That would be another story.
But I'm paying D* for services for my OWN personal use!

If I was getting them by hacking the system ,that would also be a different story.

Account stacking is anytime you provide D*,Cable, E* service to anyone outside of your address
End of Story!

Not the same.

"moving" is for Personal use per your own personal account.

Now if I was giving my Neighbor "OUT of Market" Locals and charging him $5, That would be another story.
But I'm paying D* for services for my OWN personal use!

If I was getting them by hacking the system ,that would also be a different story.

Account stacking is anytime you provide D*,Cable, E* service to anyone outside of your address
End of Story!

Keep telling your self that. Account stacking is still different than everything you posted.

This is all OT so I am officially done unless a new thread is opened on the subject.

recall Shaquille O'Neal had a $15,000 a year wide open dtv service. in his divorce papers.
how is it they sold out ?
sell a few thousand more of those and they would not have to *Washington and Lincoln us so much lol
In the Great Depression II wages are down if you can find them,yet utilities,insurance and government are fighting deflation. end :rant:

* Washington and Lincoln has now replaced the old nickel and dime saying!!!

Shouldn't that be Jefferson and Roosevelt? ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts