Fed up tuning with Analog receivers...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I don't think so.
I got a Coolsat 5000 from Ebay over a year ago for about $17.00, maybe I just got lucky but I would say that 17" TV would be worth way more than a FTA receiver unless it is a HD unit.

agreed. I mentioned that I got lucky and got 3 receivers for 52 shipped. I bet that 17" TV is worth more than that.

Check around and see what you can find. Ebay has seem to latelly be a good way to pick up some cheap receivers. Sure they may have hackware in them but in most cases we can flash them back to factory fresh (which reminds me...need to do that today to the CS5000 I got)

Well, it's not a 17" TV... It's a 17" IBM Thinkvision LCD Monitor that only has a VGA input, and to be fair, someone gave it to me in a similar situation... It's off half the time in my dual monitor setup, so I think its worth doing the trade for...? Basically trading something that I have no use for something that I will use on an hourly basis :p

I just got it home, I'm so excited... Time to tune!

Any one have any tips for this one? Pansat 2700A.

I'd probably check the software version. Probably has hackware in it
Match it up with pansatusa.com site and flash back if needed

Some hackware screws up the blind scan on software

Is there a way I can load up a database of satellites and their TPs? It's only got 82 and 91 on it, so your more than likely right about it being hacked, but how does the blind scan feature work?

I got it aimed at AMC 6 and am able to pick up the 4 NBC feeds... How do I blind scan the satellite when I only have 1TP entered?

Is there a way I can load up a database of satellites and their TPs? It's only got 82 and 91 on it, so your more than likely right about it being hacked, but how does the blind scan feature work?
does it have the whole list of satellites?
You sometimes have to choose. My mind is foggy right now but its from the menus
menu
then 1st option (password)
then 1st option
this will get you to the list of all satellites in there. Select AMC6 and make sure all the info is right (LNB type, LNB LO etc) then save it
Back out a screen and select "smart scan"....this is a blind scan on a Pansat
make sure it shows AMC6 at the top

I leave the rest as is and hit OK and it should start scanning

The only satellites that are listed are "Bell 82, Bell 91, Echo 110, Echo 119" which leads me to believe this was used as a hacked box...

...I had to manually add AMC 6 to the list of satellites, then manually add the 12051, V, 6890...

So because I had to teach it AMC 6, does this mean it doesn't know the rest of the TPs? Doesnt blind scan just hit all possible tp's in a certain range? Can I load a list of satellites?

The only satellites that are listed are "Bell 82, Bell 91, Echo 110, Echo 119" which leads me to believe this was used as a hacked box...
ya think??? ;)

There were no other sats in it?

...I had to manually add AMC 6 to the list of satellites, then manually add the 12051, V, 6890...
thats good. I assume you have signal on that transponder?

So because I had to teach it AMC 6, does this mean it doesn't know the rest of the TPs? Doesnt blind scan just hit all possible tp's in a certain range?
do a smart scan. It will find them all

Can I load a list of satellites?

yep. If you have access to CHannelmaster you can load the attached file.

Unzip file and open
go to "tools"
then "write to stb"
select Pansat 2700 and hit next and it will load the list I posted which is all KU sats and most C-Band into the receiver. Wait until it reboots then it should work

Attachments

• Pansat master.zip
    6 KB · Views: 76
Awesome, just loaded it into my receiver, thanks :)

So far, I've been enjoying just having the 4 NBC MUX channels, sad I know.

Hey those are some fun channels to watch. Ya never know what they'll flip on

So now the satellite list is a little more advanced than "Bell 82, 91" ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.