Feedhorn installation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kelleyga

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2005
Does it matter how I install a new feedhorn??? I mean, do I just remove the current one and insert the new one with the lnbs and that is it? Or do I have to position the feedhorn in some special position, like the Ku or C lnb pointing up or down? or to the right or left ? Does it make a difference?

When I first installed my Birdview it was a dual C-band feed and The instructioins were to line it up vertically. There was no skew adjust motor and I had to mechanically adjust it. When I converted over to a C/Ku feedhorn I aligned it the same way. I believe I damaged a couple of skew adjust servo motors by running them into the stops everytime I changed channels. I later rotated the feedhorn about 45 deg. and just take care of it in my DSR922 4Dtv receiver and the motors seem to last longer. This is just my experience, I hope it helps. Bryce

With my dish facing due south, I have my C lnb at 5 o'clock and K at 11 o'clock.

I had it the other way around for a while and things improved after the switch.

Also, you could measure your f-ratio which will yeild a number like .38 or .40, then when you put your feedhorn in that collar you should see some numbered notches (on the feedhorn) that will match up to your f-ratio. (although when I did it I got 42 and notch 38 worked better!) A Cororor will have this stuff in the little flyer that came with it.

I am looking at the flyer picture. It says the arrow should be pointing to the polar axis. Does that means the arrow has to point to the ground?? Like pararell to my pole?

I have a pansat 2500a and a uniden ust 4400 already setup i was using the big
c band satllite before i got my pansat 2500a than i started using the small one
but now i wants to us the big dish with the pansat 2500a can anyone tell me how to connet from receiver to receiver with what wires i know that i have to us my uniden to
move the dish it is a big mash dish

i just received my 2 new lnbs and new chapparal corotor 2 feedhorn... I currently have my sat on 55.5. I there anything special required when installing the new feedhorn and lnbs. Or if i ctach 55.5 channels am i good to go??

kelleyga said:
Does it matter how I install a new feedhorn??? I mean, do I just remove the current one and insert the new one with the lnbs and that is it? Or do I have to position the feedhorn in some special position, like the Ku or C lnb pointing up or down? or to the right or left ? Does it make a difference?

shinnery said:
When I first installed my Birdview it was a dual C-band feed and The instructioins were to line it up vertically. There was no skew adjust motor and I had to mechanically adjust it. When I converted over to a C/Ku feedhorn I aligned it the same way. I believe I damaged a couple of skew adjust servo motors by running them into the stops everytime I changed channels. I later rotated the feedhorn about 45 deg. and just take care of it in my DSR922 4Dtv receiver and the motors seem to last longer. This is just my experience, I hope it helps. Bryce

On a C band only Chaparell feedhorn I was told to put the polorotor at 10:30 position .

Seems to work well .

Wyr

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also , check out the polarity discussion at
hxxp://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=46897

Last edited:
Chaparral has very useful information in their support troubleshooting feedhorn section for installing feedhorns. Should answer most of your questions.

P.S. the arrow on the template should point to (12:00 oclock) when the dish is at its zenith. Alternately you can position the longside of the polorotor to 11:00 oclock when the dish is at its zenith.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)