Please reply by conversation.

danristheman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
85w
Do they have this type of feedhorn?

IMG_20151026_013918884_HDR.jpg

Please clarify? You must be missing a picture or something.

There it is!

Im assuming you are looking for Dual polarity C and Ku, closest thing is
the Bullseye II, it takes 2 Ku and 2 C band LNBs.
http://www.chaparral.net/feed-horns/bullseye-2/
"Simultaneous reception of horizontal and vertical c-band and ku-band polarities is possible with the Bullseye II."
Notice the price, ouch! LNBs not included.

Your drawing should have the Ku lnbs at 90 degrees of each other to be dual polarity?

Last edited:
I wanted to put a c band lnbf inside instead of using two separate c band lnbs thats inthe pic you have fred. I wanted to put this on my mini bud.

Now I know what you are talking about in that PM you sent me.
Fred give you a link to the closest thing. You will not be able to put a Titanium C1-PLL on it though.
You can look around on eBay and even here sometimes for used ones, but better save up, LNBs for it are not like the $6-$15 ku LNBFs you are used to.

I see now you want to start off with a dual feed Ku, which I don't think exists, then modify.

LNBs for it are not like the $6-$15 ku LNBFs you are used to.
A Bullseye II and 4 PLL LNBs is like way,way over $1000 new.

Reactions: KE4EST
I researched this back in August for my 1.2M dish. The Bullseye 2 is only designed for the Norsat style LNB'S which are only one polarity at a time, which is why you would need two of them on a Bullseye 2. There's no room for a total of 4 LNB'S on that Bullseye 2, unless you work at NASA as a Rocket Scientist you might find a way. I also couldn't find a way to attach the Bullseye 2 to my LNBF clamp, and not have any feed horn to focus with. I was planning on saving up the $1,000+ for the setup, but got to think about the weight of the whole thing messing up the alignment, and strain my motor as it would weigh a good several pounds. There is also no real 'good' way to split the signal between the two, so the receiver can easily switch between polarities without loss or other problems; like duplicate channels being scanned or whatever. You would also need an expensive commercial satellite receiver with two separate tuners in order for the two separate LNB'S to work correctly. Since each Norsat style LNB requires 250mA+ of current to operate, two or even four of those together would easily overload the one little home receiver with a 400mA max current output; making a commercial satellite receiver ideal for a TV station. When you overload the little receivers current output, nothing works. With all of that extra plastic waveguide plumbing, there is no guarantee that the signal will ever reach the LNB'S from an offset dish; so I looked at other options to test. I have other ideas I want to try this weekend on my 1.2M dish to maximize signal, depending on the weather. Anyway I didn't want to spend all that money and a whole weekend to find out the Bullseye 2 and Norsat setup wouldn't work, or not very well. Your better off staying with what you have now, but since I have to be told I'm WRONG on EVERYTHING there ever is on the Earth, go for it by all means!! :) It's still pretty remarkable with how much C-Band we can get on an offset dish depending on where you live. I didn't think I could get any C-Band at all, but I'm very happy with all that I can get. :-D

Last edited:
zin_1024x1024.jpg

750ma

There is no rule that says you cant use two of these and seperate out C and Ku band LNBs, use second set of inputs for low draw DO Ku, or use power injectors.

View attachment 111074
750ma

There is no rule that says you cant use two of these and seperate out C and Ku band LNBs, use second set of inputs for low draw DO Ku, or use power injectors.

Ok, I guess you can do that, it's whatever you want to do. You will have to create two of the same satellite locations on your receiver, one for each separate LNB polarity you have to scan correctly, for each switch port you have it hooked to; if your still going the Bullseye 2 route. I wouldn't go through all that much trouble and expense without knowing for sure if all of that will work on a small offset dish. I'm thinking the Bullseye 2 and Norsat LNB'S are designed for a large Prime Focus dish instead. But good luck with your project, hope it works out for ya.

Ok, I guess you can do that, it's whatever you want to do. You will have to create two of the same satellite locations on your receiver, one for each separate LNB polarity you have to scan correctly, for each switch port you have it hooked to; if your still going the Bullseye 2 route. I wouldn't go through all that much trouble and expense without knowing for sure if all of that will work on a small offset dish. I'm thinking the Bullseye 2 and Norsat LNB'S are designed for a large Prime Focus dish instead. But good luck with your project, hope it works out for ya.

Nope, the powered multiswitch has a H and V input so 1 Sat position for the pair, at least on my Amiko Mini HD SEs and Geosat Pros. Lots of expense I agree, but some people have a goal and cost is secondary, especially when saving hundreds of dollars a month over pay TV. Overkill on an offset, probably.

Correct. The powered multi switch configuration is a 13/18Vdc polarity switching universal protocol and will be controlled by any STB using a single satellite position.

Also modify the multi-Switch so both the horizontal and the vertical LNB ports output 18Vdc. Most LNBs have poor performance if not powered with required15-24Vdc. Some limp along with 13Vdc, but not optimized.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)