Feeds besides sports? using blind scan.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ussexplroer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 17, 2007
I know everybody talks about sports feeds and I noticed just today about a network being a feed found by blind scan. I don't have my cband up but I got a KU band. In a few weeks or so I'll be getting a blind scan receiver. So I'm looking for things other than sports. Since I know we can't talk about things not listed on say l*ngs*t. Um, what else can be found. I was trying to put together a list. I guess not really feeds. More like permanit stuff that is not listed either.

1. sports
2. network
3. concerts
4. etc.

Get the idea.

Thanks,

Josh

Last edited:
Almost all the permanent channels are listed, the feeds (not listed) are what make FTA interesting, you will be able to find these once you get your blind search receiver.

EDIT - During events you will find feeds.

EDIT - You will find a lot of news:eek: ;), Really feeds can be about anything. (You never really know what you will find)

I think I can say this much without endangering anything... right now you can expect to find news feeds that have to do with CES, and the New Hampshire primary.

Dont forget the cattle auctions ! HAHA
G11 ku and AMC5 ku, usually on tuesdays I think. There might be one tomorrow.

One of the fun things last year was the Super Bowl...
... I thought of it when you asked about concerts.
The half-time show feed was pretty wild.
... I got a KU band.
In a few weeks or so I'll be getting a blind scan receiver.
You've been around here a while.
Which Ku receiver do you have, and which blind-scanner did you decide to get?

KAOS 5050B Clearsat

KAOS 5050B Clearsat

I missed a ebay auction and noticed nobody bid on it. Well I didn't have the money. So I e-mailed him asking if he would still sell it or relist it. I was told it would be held until I come up with the money. I have been trying to find more info about it. Besides the mfg website. I can't even find a picture of the back of the unit. Funny how everybody knows it is a coolsat 5000 clone. I did find the usb support on it is for firmware upgrades and the mfg list updates. Nice to know. Just wonder how long this new mfg will be around.

As for other receivers.

Pansat v2000 - Pretty good receiver. No blind scan. No usals, and pretty fast channel changing. I use this mostly for my fta

Satpros DSR-500 - We all know about these. But once again no blind scan. First fta receiver I got. First one I flashed the firmware on for um other reasons. But the cable and firmware flash allowed me to be ready when I got my next receiver in. I updated the pansat fromt he pansat website.

Viacast Quantum MSR-1500 (I don't use this yet. I'm looking for a remote. Probably take it to work to use for music channels or something)

Rex-I Receiver. $20.00 I figured was a good price that included shipping. Still waiting for it to show up. Out of florida and I'm in Idaho so that will take a while. (this is one of those d*sh network deals people talk about.) I found another place having 100 of them in stock for $100.00 but for the features. Not worth it I would say. No blind scan and very simple receiver.

ABN-CBN receiver. I broke it. No big loss though. paid like 15.00 for it and no remote. The firmware seemed to be flashed for only one satellite and nothing else. So I chucked it. I learned to make sure from now on. Always have a remote for the receiver.

Then next month. I'm going to look for a mutiswitch and a few other goodies. Since I have alot of receivers now. I'll put one in each room and set on G10. I watch mostly G10 for FTA.

Oh and for analog. Thosiba TRX-120 (remote sucks - cleaned it once. Need to clean it again or find a replacement) - Oh a good place for a dc block? I cannot find one.

Later,

Josh

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)