feeling ripped off

djjsin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 8, 2004
I'm really starting to feel ripped off by voom if they are indeed ending April 30th. It seems they have specifically decieved there customers into thinking they were not going under, and going to survive. Because of this, because of what was told to us by the customer service reps, i went ahead and had a second reciever installed into my house. Cost me $50 installation. Now they are stopping the service. I would have never ordered this reciever knowing they would be going under in a month. What are my possible actions?

I just spent the $49 and had 2 more receivers installed yesterday.

We don't know yet whether they're going to pick up the receivers, so if they don't then I think it was most definitely money well spent since the OTA section will still work. Getting 2 (actually 3, since I already had one) OTA HD tuners for $49 is a fantastic deal.

Did you really expect a CSR to tell you to not order a receiver because we might not be around too much longer?

djjsin said:
I'm really starting to feel ripped off by voom if they are indeed ending April 30th. It seems they have specifically decieved there customers into thinking they were not going under, and going to survive. Because of this, because of what was told to us by the customer service reps, i went ahead and had a second reciever installed into my house. Cost me $50 installation. Now they are stopping the service. I would have never ordered this reciever knowing they would be going under in a month. What are my possible actions?

I'd say you should start with a psychiatrist.

Seriously, you knew everything all of us did and you chose to spend your $50. Stop blaming others for your bad decision. Grow up.

Excuse me? Grow up? The only credible information to go off of is what VOOM tells its customers. they haven't told us anything. What did I know when i ordered the second reciever, was what the Voom CSR's told me. I don't care if you guys say don't listen to em, they are representative's from VOOM, you guys aren't. All they have said is that Voom ISN'T going to die, that its in a transitional period and that charles dolan was going to spin voom off into its own company. Plus that they are expanding there service. Thats the information i went off when having the second reciever installed. To me, if they go under, everything i have been told by them is a lie.

What did I know? Absolutely nothing. Everything here is just speculation, no one know's anything. It has been known to be wrong at times. I take nothing on this board as fact, What about the people who don't follow this board? This isn't an official cablevision drama board.

djjsin said:
Excuse me? Grow up? The only credible information to go off of is what VOOM tells its customers. they haven't told us anything. What did I know when i ordered the second reciever, was what the Voom CSR's told me. I don't care if you guys say don't listen to em, they are representative's from VOOM, you guys aren't. All they have said is that Voom ISN'T going to die, that its in a transitional period and that charles dolan was going to spin voom off into its own company. Plus that they are expanding there service. Thats the information i went off when having the second reciever installed. To me, if they go under, everything i have been told by them is a lie.

What did I know? Absolutely nothing. Everything here is just speculation, no one know's anything. It has been known to be wrong at times. I take nothing on this board as fact, What about the people who don't follow this board? This isn't an official cablevision drama board.

Grow up!
Getting an additional receiver for a provider that serves a small niche market with a non-conus slot that is rumored to be closing is a BIG gamble.

You gambled and lost. It happens....deal with it.
There were many articles on reliable news sites that said that Charles Dolan was funding Voom in March out of his onw pocket.

That is a fact not rumor.
You knew there was a chance that Voom would close.
You just either choose to ignore the facts, or were very hopeful that Charles Dolan would be Voom's savior.

Fact is Charles was not able to come up with funding from any lending group, and in the end was not willing to open up his own wallet to fund Voom in the long term out of pocket.

Don Landis said:
I'd say you should start with a psychiatrist.

Seriously, you knew everything all of us did and you chose to spend your $50. Stop blaming others for your bad decision. Grow up.

ditto

tawhite said:
You would have to have a seance, Johnny is taking a dirt nap. :D
Maybe we can do a seance for Voom next month. It will be taking a cloud nap.

"I think it was most definitely money well spent since the OTA section will still work"

Don't count on the OTA section still working. This has been discussed to death but the bottom line is it appears VOOM has to send a hit to the STB to have it continue to receive OTA.

For now still VOOMing under mostly clear Seattle skies, Gill

Well what we could do is a "Disco sucks" kinda demonstration like they did with Disco records back in the late 70's, if they cut everyone off without notice take a ton of the boxes and run a big truck through them.

Scott

djjsin said:

OK, so you think the advice and warnings and all the discussion on this forum is "just speculation and no one knows anything." Then here you are starting a thread asking us who know nothing what you should do. We tell you and you don't like the advice which is no sirprise. You are one mixed up immature person who is suffering from a classic second stage depression, anger and blame others for your own mistakes.

Here is how I'm dealing with the current situation- Wait and see! I believe in reality and the reality is that VOOM is still on, even though CVC has voted to shut it down April 30. Between now and April 30, about 20 days, much can happen as it has during the previous 20 days. Charles Dolan has made a habit of not discussing his every strategy but rather we find out what happens on the day it happens plus read all the"experts" opinions of what's to come. Right now most of these are all speculating there is only one course which is VOOM gone and no other options will happen. Seems the last decision is always the final one but then something else keeps the rollercoaster rolling up and down the hills. In my opinion stated last week, I believe the VOOM or VOOM concept of a DBS high definition theme will be dead only when Charles Dolan dies or has health issues that preoccupy his attention. Until then, even after "VOOM" is dead and burried, a VOOM like concept may resurface in some form or another, even if Mark Cuban picks up the HD content for airing on HDNET and HDNET MOVIES. Don't ever forget, there will be a huge chunk of HD content owned by CVC that others could buy and air. Bottom line, this won't die until HD dies. However there may be a coma or two in the near future.

Code:
Don't count on the OTA section still working.  This has been discussed to death but the bottom line is it appears VOOM has to send a hit to the STB to have it continue to receive OTA.

Well how about on the 29th unplug the dish before you go to bed, or try it now and see if it works. :) Yes they will still work

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)