Few questions about los

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dbrock0031

Original poster
Mar 1, 2013
KY
Tech is suppose to be here tomorrow to install, but im wondering how much elevation clearance is needed. I'm not to familiar with Directv, but I have Dish now though it's pointed at the Eastern arc. Is it 30 degrees like Dish's western arc? I have an inclonometer to check. Thanks in ahead of time.

Last edited:
Hello dbrock0031,

Welcome to Satellite Guys.:welcome You should have a clear line of sight looking towards Texas (SW). The Directv satellites are from 99 degrees to 119 degrees but the most important are at 99 (High Definition), 101 (Standard Definition) and 103 (High Definition) degrees. Currently the satellite at 110 degrees has no Directv programming and the satellite at 119 degrees has some music and a small amount of other programming. One good website is: http://www.dishpointer.com/. It will help you look up the satellites. Wishing you a great installation and many happy years of Directv viewing. :cool:

Not knowing where in Kentucky you are dbrock0031, I picked Frankfort. The elevation there is about 43 degrees. The magnetic azimuth is 210 degrees. That's for the 101 satellite. As caseyf57 pointed out, you also need to see 2 degrees on each side of 101. I don't know if your sd locals come from 101 or 119. If they do come from the 119 satellite, you need a los to it, too. Even if you don't care about your sd locals, Directv requires their installers to be able to see it. If they tell you that you don't have los to 119 but you do to the other satellites, then call a local independent installer. They can use an lnb that doesn't see 119.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)