Finally a signal on C Band!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rv1pop

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Well the temp came up to almost 60° today so I went back out and tried the BUD. It had come up about 10 inches from frost heaves and was leaning over about 12°, :( so I piled some gravel around the post and squared it up. I decide to try the dual C LNBs that I got from the SatelliteAV sale and set the dish the way it had been most of the time, hooked up the Mercury II and powered up. BEEPS immediately! I scaned and I was right on 121W! :):) My true south sat. I tuned the receiver to 101W and the GEB transponder and hooked up a battery to the actuator. In about 15 seconds I had beeps. Scanned it in and HALLELUJAH I had my signal.

I did not spend much time tweaking as I am going to have to pull the dish off the pole and the pole out of the ground to reset it, but after 6 months of trying I have aquired a signal. Yeah, there was another little problem. I was told since I was only moving the dish a short distance I would not have to move the elevation too much, but it was almost 10° too low. The only other screw up I know now that I did, was I have been using to KU side of the c/ku lnbf I bought:eek:.

I will shoot some pictures before I rip it all out again, but I will do that after the meetings at ORU are over -- that means next week.:angel:

Thanks all for the help!:up

With the 50-60 mph wind gusts we're getting here and have been getting for the last 4 days in Tulsa. It is a good thing all the Dishes are protected in a recessed area on the South side of the Mabee Center or GEB might get swept away.:flag::flag:

I wish I could get my dish to be more stable in 35+ MPH winds.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)