FINALLY!!!! GENIE!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Shadyrest59

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Super excited to be in the "Cool" crowd, Just got a free upgrade to the Genie DVR and I'm keeping my HR-21 700 for my bedroom. The wife is going to be happy because NOW she can fill up the Genie with even MORE of her useless crappy shows she likes to watch and I can enjoy my own shows in the bedroom. lol. Now she can't lock the TV up recording show after show and I can watch what I want to as well. Life is good. Thanks D*

I'm debating directv or comcast . Can the genie record 5 at a time or 4 shows while watching a live feed? I might not have the extra for another dvr in the bedroom .

you got it dish fan, the genie records 5 shows at a time unless watching live tv. Also if you have a extender or slave unit then that will also take a tuner up, that's why so many people are keeping their HD dvr's with the genie!

I'm debating directv or comcast . Can the genie record 5 at a time or 4 shows while watching a live feed? I might not have the extra for another dvr in the bedroom .

without watching a live feed,5. watching a live feed,4.

My friend just got hooked up last week so when I was visiting last night he got the Genie I can not believe how small the HR44 are. They're about the size of a H24. Are the drive sizes the same?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys Reader App!

My friend just got hooked up last week so when I was visiting last night he got the Genie I can not believe how small the HR44 are. They're about the size of a H24. Are the drive sizes the same?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I have had my HR44 for about a week.
I like it. It's really not that different than
My two HR24. They are just as fast.
I do like the additional tuners and the small
Size.
Not a groundbreaking dvr though.
But a very nice addition!

I got rid of Comcast about 18 months ago. They were IMO awful. The outages and the ever increasing prices were getting ridiculous.

The only reason I didn't get rid of them earlier was because the of internet speed. When Centurylink (my ISP) finally went above 1.5 mbs I was finished with comcast.

I think you will also find Directv to be cheaper than comcast.

While your question was answered twice I'd like to state that with comcast . You will be limited to a two tuner dvr or 1 and 1 as you put it. And you will get a crappy scientific Atlanta box unless your lucky enough to live in a Motorola region. In any case the directv genie is a much better design and hardware platform.

We've been very happy with the Genie since we had it installed in early January. I wish the VOD was better but even with our 30Mbps connection we have to let shows record for 10-15 minutes before we can start them.

Super excited to be in the "Cool" crowd, Just got a free upgrade to the Genie DVR and I'm keeping my HR-21 700 for my bedroom. The wife is going to be happy because NOW she can fill up the Genie with even MORE of her useless crappy shows she likes to watch and I can enjoy my own shows in the bedroom. lol. Now she can't lock the TV up recording show after show and I can watch what I want to as well. Life is good. Thanks D*
I also got a free upgrade and received the HR44 and happy of getting rid of the HR22, I'm also in your neck of the woods.
Really surprised in getting a freebie since my contract didnt end until 2014, and also had a freebie on a previous add on receiver H24. But I had to buy a leased HR24 online which was a year ago.

Just want to ensure where I stand. LONG time customer (at least 14 years), out of any mandatory contracts, and using 3 ancient HR-20's. With this new $7.99 protection plan I should be able to get free new equipment right? I am going to hold off until I am sure I get an HR-44.

So I got impatient and called. I will be eligible for totally new equipment, but at his point they can't ensure a 44 so I'll wait................

Last edited:
It seems that you are likely to get a 44. You can always refuse if they don't have it. I requested one and when my installer called to verify I was home, I asked him what I was getting so I didn't waste his time. He said 44 we were good.

It seems that you are likely to get a 44. You can always refuse if they don't have it. I requested one and when my installer called to verify I was home, I asked him what I was getting so I didn't waste his time. He said 44 we were good.

My office only has 44s the 34s are gone already. I think if your in a 44 area that's all that's available. Although I was told my region is part of the beta market as well and I'm a good 7hrs from Pittsburg.

Status
Please reply by conversation.