Finally got it set up!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MrMylesG

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 19, 2004
Perry Hall, MD
I've finally got the missing parts for my 40" primestar dish and spent a couple of hours setting it up today. Of course, my first target had to be Galaxy 10R. I tried using a signal finder but ended up taking my Coship 5300b outside and use the strength meter on it. The Primestar mount has a fine tuning bolt that makes it easy to make vertical adjustments. Well, you know the Coship does not have blind search so I had to manually enter the figures.

Well, it was well worth the work and time, because The Tube comes in with signal strength of 84% and the signal quality is 98%. I have my Nexus card hooked up through the pass thru on the back of the Coship and the signal strength shows 33% but quality at 100%.

With this setup I can watch one channel and record another one with my PC. Oh yeah, the LNB is a standard .6db. Haven't even tried my Fortec .4 yet but I am so pleased with the results I may leave it the way it is now.

I still want to try C-Band later on so the PS dish is my victim for this project.

That's it for now Folks. Just wanted to share my good news!

MrM

P.S. Just recorded some music videos from the Tube. Excellent quality! :music

Must Be Nice I can't even Get G10...my neighbors house is in the way, only one way i could get it and that is to put the dish in front of the casa and my wife is really against that..for some reason....if i could get it there though i'd have a beautiful view of the arc...maybe i can sneak it out there when she's not looking. Lol

98-100 QUALITY on The Tube?! Wow... you must live in an area not affected by the interference from the Echostar satellite at 121w. The cross-pole interference from its spotbeams really increases the bit error rate for most of us...

G10r

I'll try to make some screen captures and post them today!

The Nexus uses a different video layer than regular window screen so the picture shows the Nexus window in ProDVB. But this will show you the signal and quality strength I am getting. The Coship is staying at 98% quality on the Tube and the Nexus shows 100% most of the time but sometimes drops to 97%. I am using a PrimeStar 1m dish.

And to think I was going to sell the Coship receiver at one time! :D

Attachments

• Tube-1.jpg
    Tube-1.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 188
  • Video capture.jpg
    Video capture.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 179
  • Tube Strength.jpg
    Tube Strength.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 212
Tron said:
98-100 QUALITY on The Tube?! Wow... you must live in an area not affected by the interference from the Echostar satellite at 121w. The cross-pole interference from its spotbeams really increases the bit error rate for most of us...

Different receivers can measure quality/signal much differently.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts