Finally HD Channels in Mexico City

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have the same setup. 2.40 mt antenna with 99-101-103, now I'm working on add 119 to my HR23.

I already have a 1.80 mt pointed to 119, the question is how to conect to the Zinwell switch....

Curiosity, Why do you want to add 119 ?

Anyway I have a DTVAHKAKUKIT which has a entrance for 119 on the side. Never tried whether it will work or not but could be a possiblity so u do not have to worry about joining with a multswitch or additional combiners....You can use one of these instead of any of LNBs you have on your 2.4 dish.

Let us know if you are successful.

I am in process of joining 95W but that will work by putting it directly on Flex Port 1.

Good Luck

Wow I didn't know that DTVAHKAKUKIT has a entrance for 119. Would you have some picture of it?

thanks

Wow I didn't know that DTVAHKAKUKIT has a entrance for 119. Would you have some picture of it?

thanks

Yes, I understand this is for a 1.2 Mt Dish giving the option of adding in 110 & 119 from a separate dish.

Attachments

• IMG_0373.JPG
    IMG_0373.JPG
    990.9 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0374.JPG
    IMG_0374.JPG
    540.3 KB · Views: 147
Finally I have HD Channels in Mexico City (Satelite Area North)<br />
<br />
My configuration:<br />
<br />
One 2.40 Mt Dish pointing to 101W with CalAmp Dual LNB<br />
One 1.80 Mt Dish pointing to 103W with Directv SL5 LNB<br />
One Zinwell 6x8 Multiswitch<br />
2 coax cable connected from the 2.40 dish to two inputs of Zinwell<br />
2 coax cable connected from the 1.80 dish to another 2 inputs of Zinwell<br />
1 H21-200 HD Receiver HD connected to 1 output of Zinwell<br />
1 H21-100 HD Receiver HD connected to 2 output of Zinwell<br />
<br />
Transponders Reading:<br />
<br />
101W - All (1-32) transponders usually above 70, except 4,12,18,20,26,28 are in 0s and 23 &amp; 25 are usually in the high 40s or low 50 most of the day. Standard Channels<br />
<br />
103W(cb) - All (1-14) transponders usually between 50-60 most of the day. HD Channels.<br />
<br />
103 (ca) 103 (s) 99 (s) 99 (c) 110 119 all in 0s<br />
<br />
Has anyone else been able to activate HD in Mexico City. Please share configuration so we can finetune.<br />
<br />
:) Thanks
<br />
<br />

Hi jpr777
I also live in mexico city, i currently have dish network but the signal is only visible a few hours a day. I want to make the switch to directv. I have 1.8m and a 2.4m dishes. What hd channels are you getting? (is there a list). Are you getting american networks (abc,cbs,fox,nbc) in hd?
Hay algun lugar donde te pueda contactar?
Saludos

<br />
<br />

Hi jpr777
I also live in mexico city, i currently have dish network but the signal is only visible a few hours a day. I want to make the switch to directv. I have 1.8m and a 2.4m dishes. What hd channels are you getting? (is there a list). Are you getting american networks (abc,cbs,fox,nbc) in hd?
Hay algun lugar donde te pueda contactar?
Saludos

I am not really sure whether I can post a direct URL to another site or not....so go ahead and search in DBSTalk posts from SixtoReport. He constantly is updating a very good Channel Listing / Map

I get all HD from 99(c) and 103(cb). Still working on 103 (Ca) but that is more a low signal problem coverage here in Mexico....so still testing.

Last edited:
Networks

I am not really sure whether I can post a direct URL to another site or not....so go ahead and search in DBSTalk posts from SixtoReport. He constantly is updating a very good Channel Listing / Map

I get all HD from 99(c) and 103(cb). Still working on 103 (Ca) but that is more a low signal problem coverage here in Mexico....so still testing.

Thanks for the SixtoReport, it was very helpful. Are you getting the Networks(ABC,CBS, etc) in HD or SD?

Thanks for the SixtoReport, it was very helpful. Are you getting the Networks(ABC,CBS, etc) in HD or SD?

In HD also but I only get the West ones..... :) Anyway, remember if you have 101 peaked correctly you will get practically most of the SD channels all the time. In the guide I have both activated.....

Thanks very helpful, btw, you said it is for a 1.2 mt dish, Is there a diferent part for a 1.8 mts dish?

Yes I know it it built for a 1.2Mt dish for Hawaii I believe...so the focal points should work for all satellites in a 1.2mt dish configuration, however, a 1.2mt dish is not enough in Mexico.

However, if you use it on a bigger dish (On 1.8 or 2.4)...you would have to point it to one of the satellite only (101 or 99 or 103). You could exchange one of you SL3 with this one on the 2.4 mt, I would recommend the 99 because of the stack plan & 22KHz tone, and then with other dish point to 119 and join into the port 119 of this LNB....In theory it should work.

Good Luck

Also,

I think an alternative would be join 101 and 119 via combiners and then the output with combiners you are already using right now to join with 99...all those going into Port 1 & 2, however, there is a big chance that you would end up needing now a power inserter with the WB68. I am not really sure if this would work....

Anyway Good Luck.

thanks to all. As you said I needed a combiners and everything is just fine. I have 99-101-103-119 working!

Great. Can u share how you ended up combining ? Thanks :)

For the 101 it is a dual Eagle Aspen KU
For the 99 (c) it is a SL3 Zinwell
For the 103 (cb) it is a SL5 Directv (I think made by Zinwell)

101 and 99 interconnected go to port 1 and 2 of multiswitch Zinwell wb68 wide band.
103 goes to port 3 and 4 of the multiswitch Zinwell wb68.

The dish is a normal master channel clone dish bought locally.

The cable is normal rg6 shielded. Cable distance is approx 50 meter with the zinwell placed at approx 30 meter down from the dish. No power inserter has been needed for my configuration so far.

As I mentioned getting the focal points requires a lot of time. On the average it took 6-7 hours to properly find the signal, adjust the brackets and peak the signals at 103 and 99, after 101 was locked and peaked.

Hope this helps.
Good Luck

I didn't see you say you have tried this... To see if 103ca problem is related to signal, switching or voltage loss issues, first try running a cable straight from your 103 lnb to the receiver without combining or switching. See if both 103ca and 103cb are there. If it still doesn't work, move 103 to the center lnb holder and repeak the dish (also connected directly to the receiver) to 103 and see if you get both 103a/b.

I didn't see you say you have tried this... To see if 103ca problem is related to signal, switching or voltage loss issues, first try running a cable straight from your 103 lnb to the receiver without combining or switching. See if both 103ca and 103cb are there. If it still doesn't work, move 103 to the center lnb holder and repeak the dish (also connected directly to the receiver) to 103 and see if you get both 103a/b.

Actually, during testing, I was only able to get 103 (cb) and (ca) with the DTVHAKAKUKIT Lnb, 103 (cb) was peaked almost all transponders above 75, however, I was getting signals between 15-30 on 103 (ca) for atleast 6 transponders. This was tested on the 2.4 mt dish with the LNB in the "center" of the focal point. This was not possible on the 1.8 Mt dish with any LNB (KAKUKit, sl3, sl5).

BTW, all testings were peaked with direct connections to the receivers, no combiners and switches.

Any additional suggestions would be great. I do want to get 103 (ca) in the same configuration if possible.

Thanks

Hola jpr777,

I have Shawdirect now but look forward to get something better, therefore I will appreciate if you can you tell me if by getting all of this I will get DTV HD channels in mexico city:

Receiver: DTV HD
Antenna: 2.4 meters
KU band LNB: Dual Eagle Aspen
C band LNB: SL3 Zinwell
C band LNB: SL5 Directv

Also, should it be plugged to the phone line even though it wouldn't be in the US?

I thank you in advance for your quick response.

Remeber 103(ca) has very low signal so you would not be getting any channel on that satellite. You will only get 99 and 103(cb) for HD. Additionally, you need to consider the combiners, zinwell 6x8 wideband and a special bracket as shown in one of the pictures in this thread.

Hola jpr777,

I have Shawdirect now but look forward to get something better, therefore I will appreciate if you can you tell me if by getting all of this I will get DTV HD channels in mexico city:

Receiver: DTV HD
Antenna: 2.4 meters
KU band LNB: Dual Eagle Aspen
C band LNB: SL3 Zinwell
C band LNB: SL5 Directv

Also, should it be plugged to the phone line even though it wouldn't be in the US?

I thank you in advance for your quick response.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)