Finally, I have a dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Remington

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 1, 2005
Gatineau, Qc.
I found a C-band dish for free at last... :up It's a mesh / 10' Channel Master in good shape.

I have an actuator but I don't know exactly which one. It's a SuperJack ZX H8.
How I can find out the specs ? I googled it but with not much success.

It also has a Chaparral LNBF, I guess I'll buy a new one. I want to use the dish for FTA only. It's mainly for C-band. I was wondering which LNBF is the best? I don't mind to get the BSC621 but I wonder if the C side is as good as the BSC-421 for exemple?

I feel I have like 6 months of reading before I can have it properly set up.
:shocked

Attachments

• P8100007.JPG
    P8100007.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 348
  • P8100008.JPG
    P8100008.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 343
  • P8100010.JPG
    P8100010.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 328
I would start with the lnb you have and go from there. I'm sure it's a good lnb, try it and see, then if you don't like it, you can then change it? But, if you want ku, and eventually you will, the BSC621 is an option. Ooops, I just realized, if your DVB receiver is not a Pansat or a Manhattan, you won't be able to control the polarity with the receiver? Unless you have an analog receiver to do that job? Anyway, nice find and thanks for the pictures. Good Luck!

Al

the motor is made for Pro Brand International by a company called Jaeger Industrial
its probably SuperJack 2X HQ it comes in 18 , 24 & 36 inch lengths (i have two of the 18 inch versions)

I agree with Al on the Feedhorn it should work for c band (although a temp wasn't listed, if its 65k then i would check on a newer one maybe that does c & ku or like below)

i have a thread here that compares a few lnbfs . you wouldn't beleive how many dishes sit idle with one of these 25 or 35k lnbfs ( i pass about 6 on my way to work .)

measure your ribbon cable and pick out a good spot with clear LOS and your ready to place the pole.

also a investment in a analog receiver..... to pick up the wild feeds / sports feeds and most will move the big dish and control the polarity of a pulse/servo switching feedhorn...... they are heavy and usually cost more to ship than you pay for them ... seen one fs here in the classifieds i think (several can be picked up that are new in the box with remote)

oh and congrats on the dish find , once you've set it up you'll think to yourself how was i living without it :) lots of good feeds and several good christian channels :)

Last edited:
thank guys, I guess I'm ok I have a Pansat 3500S and also just like you suggested I found an analog receiver (Pansat too) for 10$ (local pick up) :)
some months ago.

I'm such a newbie with the big dish that I never looked how the actuator really works. Is it possible to track "all" the arc? I was reading that depending of your longitude you place the actuator on the left or right side. That tells me you must lose something somewhere no?

I'm curious to have power and see how much in & out the arm can move.

Attachments

• P8100002.JPG
    P8100002.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 294
  • P8100004.JPG
    P8100004.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 306
  • P8100005.JPG
    P8100005.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 331
  • P8100006.JPG
    P8100006.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 359
sounds like you've been planning ahead .... good going.

yeah it depends on where you got the dish if locally then it should be setup correctly
my little dish isn't set correctly and it has a 18 inch superjack on it and i can see the arc from 70 -135 so thats about 65 degrees . i can adjust it either way but loose on the one end or the other depending on the adjusting . with a 24 inch arm i could probably get more arc. you should be able to put a tape on the motor arm housing and get an ideal of what length it is.

Looks to me that the "bigger part" of the arm is 24".
Anyone using a mesh dish with C/Ku LNBF ? I've heard the holes can't be too big.

If you can put a pencil thru the holes, say just the lead part of it, it should be fine for ku. (if its still got a good parabolic shape)
Also, I always heard its not good to run an actuator while off the dish, something about the entire shaft of it turning can damage the internal limits.
Ive tried them before though, by just holding the ends. Dont get fingers in holes though--they have some kind of torque and would twist hands off!!

yeah i got a mesh 7 1/2 fter and a mesh 10 fter yours should be fine i'm using the bsc621 on the7 1/2 fter and maybe next week will swap it to the 10 fter to see if theres a difference.

the signal for c band on the 7 1/2 fter is linked above....

well if its at least 24 inches they you probably have a 24 inch arm.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)