finding sats

Status
Please reply by conversation.

johnny_baker

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 2, 2006
seamsd like the only sat that i have been able to find so far is 97.w other than that i can't find a single one, isn't this odd????any help please:)

If it was easy EVERYONE would have FTA :)

You can practice by entering the Freq. Polarity and Symbol Rate of a KNOWN live transponder on G3C @ 95 While watching the signal QUALITY move the dish very little to the left from behind the dish. (Azimuth)

Mark the mast with a pen before moving the dish so that you can always re-find 97ºw

Here is a good strong transponder from G3C @ 95w

Dfeq. 11780

Pol. H

SR. 20760

yep. The old sharpie works really well. Make a mark so you have a reference point. Also, since you are so far on the east coast the elevation will change for most of the satellites. Some will be minor (like 1/2 a degree or so).

thanks guys what is on g3c anyways?? i live in newfoundland canada don't forget, i think that is why i am having so much trouble, plus using a 76cm dish..

holy sh*t that sat doesn't even hit newfoundland?? i bet i won't het a thing

If you are not in the footprint you will not get anything.

I would go through all the satellites of interest on Lyngsat, check the BEAM or footprint and only go for satellites that you have a chance of getting :(

May be an idea to add your location to your member profile!

Dang old footprints!

Attachments

• t5rc.gif
    t5rc.gif
    46.4 KB · Views: 138
  • Format1.jpg
    Format1.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
I am living in the same area and can receive a number of sats from 5West to 119 and can get G10R at 123 but its only 5 Deg and no LOS from my main dish.
Also I have received some satellites that don't show NFLD in the footprint like Amazonas.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)