fine tune? can't track westernmost sats

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jeffreywho

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 19, 2005
Scranton,PA
hello, i just installed my new satcontrol motor but can't track below satmex 5. i receive good quality from SBS6 to satmex,,70 percent on all. Sat mex 50 percent,,Nothing at all from G10R :( . Do I have to fine tune the elevation? My install seemed to good ok. Found my south satellite SBS6 no problem. If it helps i'm at 18504, used SBS6 as my south satellite. at this time the scale on the motor is set for 41.5 and the dish elevation is set at 42.
thanks to all on this wonderful board.

it has been my experience that if your mast is not truly plumb & level or if your skew is off, as you get toward the edges of the arc that your coordinates become thrown off.

Read the "Giving up ...For now" thread, maybe it will give you an idea or two.

Have you tried "hunting for the satellite" Adjusting the elevation or azimuth while connected to a signal meter?

i don't have a meter. :( it's kinda hard. i'm on the roof using walkie talkies with the wife,,,and she's not to happy about the whole thing.. :D here's a idea i found """ If the dish is too high on the sides (arc ends), but fine in the center, the declination angle is too low so increase the declination and decrease the elevation angle the same amount. The two adjustments will cancel each other in the center of the arc while tracking lower on the sides. Conversely, if the dish is too low on the sides (arc ends), but fine in the center, the declination angle is too high so decrease the declination and increase the elevation angle the same amount""". any thoughts?

That is correct, but you need to know how the dish track is off specificly. Is it;
off on both ends low?

Off on both ends high?

Low on one end and high on the other?

Signal meters are cheap on Ebay.

Guessing at how it might be off without a meter?

or

Asking how to correct a specific track problem?

GOt it WORKING. :D here's what i did. i lowered the motor one degree and raised the dish one degree. LOST everthing. so i went back to the original settings but this time i moved the motor to the west just a little bit. BAM all the sats are at 70 percent now. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Motor limits

Happy Fourth of July & Happy Canada Day!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts