FIOS 2.0 now available!!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AIA_SMALZ_11

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
Verizon has finally released FiOS 2.0 in FL. It's been a long delay and now that we have it, now comes the flood of complaints as to whats wrong with it. Can't we just be happy with the progress FiOS is making. Now that the FiOS 2.0 is out of the way hopefully we can start getting more HD channels.

DJ

Trust me if it comes to my town ,I WILL be trying Fios out.

FiOS is widely available here - the TV has its weaknesses (limited channel offering & lousy DVR) but the PQ is simply outstanding. The internet service is to die for, but the ActionTech router is weak and you need to use a better router if you do much P2P. We have elected for the time being to stay with E* for TV and Verizon for internet and telephone.

Just my 2 cents.

--Doug

Yes, I received the new IMG today. Seems a couple things have changed that I noticed right away. Instant replay goes back further than before and the FF speeds are different now. Also, I can't see the progress bar by pushing play anymore. I like the look but not how long it takes to do some stuff. I'll see if I think after a couple weeks of getting used to it.

I'm assuming that is a typo as I have version 1.0.3.
That's what I meant. I wonder why they didn't fix the bugs? I thought they were holding off on the rollout till the next bug fix release, but I guess not.

Looking over at DSL reports, it seems like there are still a ton of problems with 2.0 in FL.

Oh well, glad I canceled, as I couldn't take that DVR a minute longer!

i was a big supporter of fios tv when it first came out but can't recommend it anymore. had the new guide for two days and already has missed two recordings.

it is a poor excuse for a guide. the old one was better. and whoever deceicded to release it to FL after months delay with it still being broken is just plain stupid.

Garland recieves new guide

Well, I got it last night. I will reserve judgment until I use it for a few days. Once I get a feel for it I will be more than happy to share my opinion with everyone. I can say straight out that it does look better than the old guide.

I can say straight out that it does look better than the old guide.
That and the better FF/RW with recordings is about all of the positives.

Still curious to see what your reaction will be. Give it atleast a few days to miss a recording and/or reboot on you.

Good news is that there is a rumor on 12/4/07 there will be a maintenance update. So you'll only have to live with the bugs for a month. :rolleyes:

That and the better FF/RW with recordings is about all of the positives.

Still curious to see what your reaction will be. Give it atleast a few days to miss a recording and/or reboot on you.

Good news is that there is a rumor on 12/4/07 there will be a maintenance update. So you'll only have to live with the bugs for a month. :rolleyes:

Will do. We doa lot of recording so if it happens I will notice it.

As for maintenance, I seriously doubt any new code so soon after rollout, but then again, this is Verizon and they don't operate with a full tank on anything else so.....

Will do. We doa lot of recording so if it happens I will notice it.

As for maintenance, I seriously doubt any new code so soon after rollout, but then again, this is Verizon and they don't operate with a full tank on anything else so.....

OK, it did not take long.

One recorder erased all the recordings that it had in it. The other missed a bunch of programs that were set up to record.

Can't delete a recording once you finish watching it without traversing the entire menu system from scratch! :mad:

While it is nice to see the program descriptions all on the menu screen, looking at other channels is very difficult.:eek:

Old remote does not function the same. Used to be able to fwd and rev and play with the buttons aroud the enter button. Now must use the actual fwd, etc. buttons which cannot be found in the dark. Th:mad:is really sucks.

Do other remotes have a skip button? Mine doesn't, just a replay one.

I do like that when fdw'ing through a recording and it gets to the end it automatically slows down. Very nice.:D

I am sure that there are more things and I will report back as I find them.

I hope it gets turned on here soon. All the wiring is run. Not sure when they run them up to the houses, haven't seen that happen yet. I dont wan't FIOS for TV as I like my Dish, but I sure would like to try the internet. I'm SICK to death of Brighthouse and there SLOW ass connection at times.

OK, it did not take long.

Can't delete a recording once you finish watching it without traversing the entire menu system from scratch! :mad:

Do other remotes have a skip button? Mine doesn't, just a replay one.

I found that if you hit the info button twice while the recording is playing you can select to delete it instead of going all through the menus. The funny thing is that it still keeps playing!

As far as the remote, I was one of the unlucky ones that had a DVR that didn't take to the new guide; they came and replaced it and I asked the guys if I could get two of the new remotes. No problem, and it has the skip buttons.

Another suggestion is that you just go spend like $15 bucks and get the OneForAll learning remote; the thing is already set up for the Motorola DVR and can learn any other functions. Much nicer IMO.

They are laying the Fios stuff in my neighborhood right now. I am pretty happy with DirecTV now and I think I am under contract for a little while still but I hope I can at least upgrade from my Verizon DSL. From what I am hearing I can possibly get my internet, phone and TV for just slightly more than my D* bill so it is something I would consider for sure.

Let me know when they change that POS DVR. More HD channels and a better DVR is when I will consider it.
We're getting FiOS TV, broadband, and phone when we move after the New Year. We will miss our three E* 622s, but I've had enough of E*s HD PQ. I plan to slap a cablecard in our 500GB Sony HD DVR and buy a pair of Tivo Series 3/Tivo HDs.

the TV has its weaknesses (limited channel offering & lousy DVR)

This is funny because 3-6 months ago Verizon topped just about every provider with its channel lineup. Now that DirecTV has added a bunch of HD channels it is funny to see people refer to its channel lineup as limited.

You've elected to stay with E*?

I have E* and Bright House Cable and would gladly trade them both for the Verizon lineup as it stands today (my mother has it in Pasco Co., FL and I can't get it here in St. Pete yet). They have more On Demand than BHN (including Starz), more HD channels (TMC, Starz, Cinemax) than BHN. They have more channels than Dish as well, and I could laugh at what Dish calls its On Demand.

It is just really funny because we were all drooling over Verizon Fios not long ago.

My sister had FiOS installed today - I will pop over to her house this weekend and give it a look-see. She switched over from the evil Dolans today afetr 30 years.

:up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts