FIOS Audio Drops HDMI cable

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Richt

Original poster
Nov 13, 2006
I have had FIOS for 6 months and audio drops have been common. I have been using the HDMI cable since day one. Verizon suggested switching to HD Component setup to see if the audio drops continue. It's been a week and so far no audio drops. Usually I would experience at least one audio drop every night. I have tried two different HDMI cables on two different HD boxes.

Has anyone who experienced audio drops tried switching to the Component setup? I hate to have to switch from the HDMI to component setup. Could the audio drops be a HDMI interface issue on the Motorola box?

Rich
Tampa, FL

>>Could the audio drops be a HDMI interface issue on the Motorola box?

Could be, but if you've already replaced both the cable and the STB and the problem has continued, I'd be wondering about the HDMI interface on your TV.
Many TVs with HDMI also provide a DVI connection. Does yours? If so, ask your FiOS tech to try a HDMI (at the 6416 STB) - to - DVI (at the TV) cable, along with the Red/White RCA for audio.

I understand your reluctance to use the component connection when HDMI is available, but if you're using quality cables (both the RBG and the RW audio), your overall quality should still be pretty darned good with the fiber service.

~ifitaintglass
FiOS Florida

this is a known issue. hopefully it will be fixed in the next software release.

korsjs,

You have made that same claim before but you never state what the exact what the 'known issue' IS??? The audio problems are not related to the HDMI cable or port. Even if you go component you will still notice problems. Yes, it's a known problem and I wont be holding my breath waiting for the next 'fix'. The problem has been there long enough and sound is one of the most basic components of viewing so it should have been fixed a log time ago. At the very least it deserves a special update. No reason to wait until something big is released to fix a basic problem.

Forgive me if I seem critical but this service is quickly becoming a proven product and the newness excuse has to become old at some point.

when i said it is a known issue, i wanted him to know that he is not the only one with the problem. you are right, it has been going on for some time and that is what has been reported, that it should be fixed in the next release. i don't know what the problem is, but would hope motorola does.

they have a major software release coming out soon, that hopefully will address this since so many people have complained about it.

Strange, I have never seen it. I'm using HDMI to DVI, and coax digital audio and have never noticed a drop out on my DVR. Is it only the HDMI audio that is dropping out?

-John

I have had FIOS for 6 months and audio drops have been common. I have been using the HDMI cable since day one. Verizon suggested switching to HD Component setup to see if the audio drops continue. It's been a week and so far no audio drops. Usually I would experience at least one audio drop every night. I have tried two different HDMI cables on two different HD boxes.

Has anyone who experienced audio drops tried switching to the Component setup? I hate to have to switch from the HDMI to component setup. Could the audio drops be a HDMI interface issue on the Motorola box?

Rich
Tampa, FL

I'm using component from HMO DVR to my Sony rcvr and experience audio drop outs.:(

Strange, I have never seen it. I'm using HDMI to DVI, and coax digital audio and have never noticed a drop out on my DVR. Is it only the HDMI audio that is dropping out?

-John

I really do not notice it much in the evenings, but it is very appearent during daytime watching ( I work from home often). It is worse on SD channels above 500. SpikeTV is the one that I notice it on a lot.