FiOS HD DVR and Apple TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

digitalclips

Original poster
Apr 5, 2007
Hi guys I am new to this forum.

By way of introducing myself; I make and edit HD video for a living as well as host web sites , do graphic dedsign and most things in the digital media area. I have been in TV production for quite a while. I produced and edited many shows for ESPN and ESPN2 using Media 100 and Macs with Betacam SP source footage way back in the mid 1990s. I am still 100% Mac using Final Cut Pro HD Suite and Sony HD Cameras. (So please don't tell me I need the PC software from Verizon :rolleyes: )

I have one question and if it has been asked already ... forgive me ... :)

Can I extract the shows I have recorded in 1080i in anyway to free up my FiOS HD yet be able to watch them again? I also have an Apple TV and given I can convert 1080i to 720p easily enough if I can just get at the data I am all set. I understand that most likely I am limited to watching on only my current network for DRM reasons which is fine. I basically want to watch Planet Earth a zillion times in High Definition :D

If I can extract and convert I can use my iTunes and Apple TV to watch 720p any time I like with unlimited storage ability.

Thanks again for any help.

Digitalclips

digitalclips,

welcome to the board. I do not think you can record programs in Verizon Hard Disk DVR to a P.C. unless there is a modification to the FIOS DVR that I am not aware of. I do not think the FIOS DVR has a firewire output and in such cases (e.g., Dish Network or DirecTv) there has to be some type of modification to the box to enable this. Of course, I am talking about transferring the program in 1080i without downconversion.

Anyone else can correct if I am wrong.

digitalclips,

welcome to the board. I do not think you can record programs in Verizon Hard Disk DVR to a P.C. unless there is a modification to the FIOS DVR that I am not aware of. I do not think the FIOS DVR has a firewire output and in such cases (e.g., Dish Network or DirecTv) there has to be some type of modification to the box to enable this. Of course, I am talking about transferring the program in 1080i without downconversion.

Anyone else can correct if I am wrong.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

It does have a Firewire port but it seems not to be activated on my model which is a Motorola QIP6416-2. I was hoping someone had news regarding this.

I have bee able to get AVC Browser to at least recognise that my mac is hooked up to the FIOS DVR through firewire. But, I'm just not enough of a computer geek to know what to do next.

Labruler

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)