Fired from dish.

Sorry to hear the bad news ddgtomahawk. You were the one that steered me to the Cinemax for a penny deal. I really appreciated that.

With that said, I agree with the other posters about what personal business you conduct at work. I've been in IT for 15 or so years. If you use your company's network connection for ANYTHING, personal emailing, PDAing, net surfing, more than likely your company is monitoring that activity and some companies actually do the key logging and packet sniffing (where a company can see and record every key stroke that you make and receive over their networks). Using a company's computer resources for personal use can and usually does result in immediate termination. Tread carefully out there. Big Brother is watching!

well the only way I was cuaght was due to a specific individual trying to locate my username other than that i would not have been fired, point being I covered my trails and all did my post from a pda. Im not stupid I think it was worth it though that place was starting to tear me up.
Evidently you didnt do a good enough job as they knew you were on this site but needed hard evidence so either you talked to one or more people at work about it or your pda got onto a wireless network at the call center ( useless to have one but looks like its another phishing trap they are using to catch info leakers ) and you have pesonal info on your pda that they linked to or someone saw you with it. Either way they knew and all they needed was to see you log into the site.

I also know many employees that have ID's here which they use at work for Dish, yet when they go home and post information they do it under a different username.

And if they are smart, it will be a username that is unique to Satellite Guys. One that they don't use on any other forum. As you might get chummy on another forum and provide clues to your identity that could then get traced back to what you have posted here.

I was rather surprised to find his voice seems to match his picture; at least how I envisioned it. What a really cool thing to not only have a CSR modify a workorder in a timely manner (last Saturday, I think?), but ALSO finally get to talk to one who posts on here :)

yeah, it was cool running into someone from here on the phones while at work. thanks for the comp.

so it this topic going to be talked about for the next year for someone leaking private information and getting fired for doing so?

Ya im sorry you got fired but you did do something that could get you fired and you knew that. END OF STORY.

If you can not takes SCOTT's advice about passing the information onto someone else quietly instead of posting it your self your fault again.

so it this topic going to be talked about for the next year for someone leaking private information and getting fired for doing so?

Ya im sorry you got fired but you did do something that could get you fired and you knew that. END OF STORY.

If you can not takes SCOTT's advice about passing the information onto someone else quietly instead of posting it your self your fault again.
+1:up

But did he really leak any private information? From what I've heard, it sounds like Dish is being irrational (surprise, surprise.) And no, I don't care how many other companies have policies against using the Internet for personal use, that doesn't make it right. If no harm is done, no punishment should be inflicted. People need to grow out of the slave mentality!

Yeah man come on it was just a pissed off supervisor she got my " supposed" username from someone outside of work. My pda has its own internet thats why my post lack so much its hard to type on... I knew the warning also, yeah I denied alot. but since i then was aware of a posting possibility it was a conflict of interest with dish. There was no winning our director of the whole call center left had better place to work and he was a really great guy but when he went out the door all hell broke losse EVERYBODY is focused on stats be fast on your calls and you get paid more yeah wonder why people get hung up on. sh*t there were new employees beating my average call handle time we all know whos hanging up or just transferring look at there handle time its getting outraqeous my supervisor came to multiple times about slipping in from the higher ranks in overall performance I told her come on people are just staring to Bullsh!t more and more im not going to do it so yeah people will start beating me she just wants to get paid more because her team did great.

What's the deal? At CES Charlie himself said they need better English speaking csr's. This ain't the way to do it.

To me, that was the funniest thing I heard from Charlie. Is that how a liberal democrat like Charlie should speak? Charlie must have had trouble with his Dish service and called and got India. I would love to have heard that conversation.:D

Oh too much politics in tv anymore. It's not like like he was leaking encryption codes or something. GET OVER IT DISH NETWORK!

That's just one of the many reasons I no longer subscribe to any tv services. I think my monthly payments have contributed to all this political drudgery. Dish probably just figures what the heck he can be replaced pretty quick.

It's not uncommon for large companies like Dish among others to have a poor regard for their employees and be quick to dump them for a little of nothing. Everyone remember that when you mail your checks.

its not with just hawk, I see it with all companies here lately, they are lazer focused on productivity and such, not worring about anything else (we all all human, something is always going on with somebody), wish I had a union in my state, but unfortunatly I live south of the line :(

Unions are %120 useless ptuck, they take your money and keep the lazy unproductive workers in a job making the productive ones work twice as hard to make up for the lazy ones.

Yeah man come on it was just a pissed off supervisor she got my " supposed" username from someone outside of work. My pda has its own internet thats why my post lack so much its hard to type on... I knew the warning also, yeah I denied alot. but since i then was aware of a posting possibility it was a conflict of interest with dish.
First rule about satelliteguys, DONT TALK ABOUT SATELLITEGUYS, second rule about satelliteguys, DONT TALK ABOUT SATELLITEGUYS. If your working for any of the companies this site covers then dont talk about this site at work with your work buddies specialy if your working for dish because I can tell you there are alot of back stabbers working there that wont hesitate to turn you in to make themselves look better.

Personally, speaking from a customer of Dish standpoint, you loss is indeed a loss for all of us. I've had more than my fair share dealing with csr's and such that can't speak the language, don't understand the language, or are just a general PITA to deal with.

As for their actions against you, speaking as a customer, this is just one more notch against them come time for our consideration when we upgrade service or equipment. Bottom line, after our contract expires we're most likely going to leave. From the beginning of our install to now they have far from impressed us. I mean really how in the hell can a installer point a dish at wide open sky with no obstructions get a signal no better than 50. I can tell you it has a lot to do with the splice job he did on the install. Had I known that would have been the case I'd ran the dang cable myself and left it to him to hook it to the dish. At least then it would have been one straight run with no barrels between. News of price increases with ever decreasing picture quality. Promises of more HD when in fact there is none. I plan on encouraging the boss to drop them as well when the time comes.

To the Dish monitors reading this thread, report back to your boss, this is not the way to keep your customers. Ahh what the heck, you'll see it soon enough.

Unions are %120 useless ptuck, they take your money and keep the lazy unproductive workers in a job making the productive ones work twice as hard to make up for the lazy ones.

Very well put! All unions do is take away performance based pay and rewards the lazy.

Well dont feel bad, echostar is not that good of a place to work.

Supervisors dating , employees, employees releasing lines with supervisors KNOWING.

stack ranking being messed up, your car gets vandalized in parking lot, hr not giving a rats behind about employees. Even shady hr reps LOL

dish the company to work for!! LOL

I quit after 3 years of service. Wasted 3 years of my life to work for a pathetic company.

Dont feel bad that you got fired. Theres alot of better companies to work for.

and we the customers expect good service from a company with this kind of working environment? Man if this is true, this company's morale is in serious trouble. No wonder we get the crappy service.

PAW

Pride
Adventure
Winning

Dish Morale :)

They do monitor satelliteguys... I seemed to have ticked off a regional guy before as I had mentioned my thoughts on wallfishing.

At some of the weekly meetings you'd get documents that would explicitly say at the bottom confidential, those I wouldn't post about in the past, but others I did.

Yep, Uncle Chuck is watching :eek:

Sounds like Dish has too many people doing one job and those too many people doing that job are not sure what the hell is going on. Dish needs to trim the fat so we all can get better service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)