Firesheep makes stealing your cookies, accessing your Facebook account laughably easy

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
OK
Be Smart When Using Free Unsecured Wifi

Just another reason why you got to be careful when your using those free unsecured hot spots..

Firesheep makes stealing your cookies, accessing your Facebook account laughably easy -- Engadget

Firesheep Vigilante Warns Exposed Users by Messaging Them With Their Own Facebook Accounts

Guy below could have not said it any better.. :)

http://technologysufficientlyadvanced.blogspot.com/2010/10/herding-firesheep-in-new-york-city.html

On my way home, I considered what the experience meant about our society. No matter how many security measures we provide to the world, there will always be people who leave the door open, even after they've had an intruder. The weakest link in security has been, and always will be, the user's judgment.

Last edited:
The unencrypted cookie issue has been around a long time. I always log out of mail and such before traveling. Just in case I end up on open wifi, I do not want my browser checking for mail or something and giving out a cookie. I only use public wifi out of last resort. I have a MIFI that I use now with Virgin Mobile (since you can buy a month at a time without contract or commitment).

For those in the know of Soviet era items

ipod touch question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)