firetv sale for Amazon Prime members

You can still get the Fire TV 4K for $35 with the Directvnow one month offer. Mine arrived Thursday after signing up last Saturday for the basic $35 Directvnow package. Cancel anytime after it arrives and the service will stop at the end of the month.
AMAZON FIRE TV | Limited Time | DIRECTV NOW
Trying DirectvNow really made me appreciate my Hopper 3. Was reminded I don't like watching live tv much, or On Demand full of commercials - with no FF - and still no DVR even though they keep promising it. Cheap way to get a Fire TV though (several cashback sites make it even cheaper).

I have a 211k receiver, so I do not have the features the new Hopper's have. Would the Firestick solve my issues, so I would have access to Dish Anywhere? I already own a Roku and Chromecast.

Trying DirectvNow really made me appreciate my Hopper 3. Was reminded I don't like watching live tv much, or On Demand full of commercials - with no FF - and still no DVR even though they keep promising it. Cheap way to get a Fire TV though (several cashback sites make it even cheaper).

I went from a Hopper 3 to DTV Now.. your absolutely right... it needs a DVR. I’m a beta tester for the DTVNow app that has 20 hours of DVR... so at least I have that. However, I’d be intellectually dishonest if I said that it’s as good as the hopper 3.. or even close (minus the guide issues the hopper 3 has). You appreciate the small things that you miss like thumbnails during FF and RW.

On the fire tv 4K ultra, does the screen fit the tv or does it look like a box while on the screen when watching Dish Anywhere? Hope I explained that right? Just wandering! On my older Fire TV stick, it shows shows about have the screen size!

Heads up for anyone that wants a portable solution for Dish Anywhere. Amazon has the firetv stick on sale for $24.99, and the firetv 4K ultra on sale for $44.99. Cheapest prices I have seen in a while!

I don't see it on Amazon.com. Was this some sort of flash sale?

Edited to add: Now I see it. $15 off for Prime members on the Fire TV Stick. (I am not a Prime member.)

Ordered a firestick for the dining room tv last week, it was on sale for $29.99. Got it setup and had no sound on anything. Got to digging and tried the recommended solutions and still nothing. Plugged into a different tv and it works perfect.

Ended up ordering this tv on ebay to replace the dated dining room tv.
Samsung UN40MU6290FXZA Flat 40" LED 4K UHD 6 Series Smart TV (2017 Model) | eBay

Wanted another firestick for the living room tv. So took advantage of the sale on this and got another on the way.

Seems like1 thing leads to another and another and another. Done buying electronics for now. :)

Seems like1 thing leads to another and another and another. Done buying electronics for now. :)

You can say that again. This happened to me when I bought my first HDTV. Gotta have programming, so I bought a 722. I no longer remember if I had to pay extra for HD back then.

The outlays just snowballed from there.

By the way, I posted in The Pub using Firefox on my Stick just for grins. :D It had a great display (32" TV), but the virtual keyboard sucks big time. :(

Sorry, I left off part of the post. Only one HDMI per TV.

But it’s been so long, I think I’ll go check.

Reactions: HipKat
Only one HDMI per TV.

That is an issue. Even the otherwise-handy automatic HDMI switches are a poor solution, if you have anything else (such a Dish receiver) that is putting out video even when "off". This is an issue with my Roku as well. It has no "off" button.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)