First Analogue Cband Find!!!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Pasture Scott, on some religous channel. Dont know what bird.. But cool as hell... and Im sure that is way more to come... Lifted on the dish a bit to get all the sparklies out :) !!!!! cant wait to see what it really looks like. :)

Doctor Gene Scott has been on Satellite since the 1970's. Now that he's passed his wife Melissa runs the ministry. That channel is a C band icon :)

yep. Doc scott is on W3 (AMC3) TP20

when you work across the arc the next one will be Shepherds Chapel on G4 (99W) TP16 V

Bob has a digital box. I think he is just trying to see what he can get right now ;)

Yep I do, I was just playing around to see what I could get... I just pointed the dish up and started scanning analoge with my spectrum analyzer (satlook digital) and thats what I found... Im sooo stoked that that analoge channel is on my truesouth bird. Once I get that dialed in sparklie free, My whole arch should be good to go!

Way to go goaliebob! That first signal from space is always the best one, no matter what it is! :D:up

GOOOOOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats my true south bird!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gonna be great for pointing!

Yes 87 degree west is true south for the Chicago area. 42.2 deg elevation my true south is set for. Im about 50 miles north of you.

After you peak up AMC 3 go down to G-15 with the motor and set the azimuth for the best picture then go back to AMC 3 and see if you lost anything.

Those are apparenly parked next to 148... Im a super happy camper now. I have LOS from 61.5 all the way to 148 with no issues...... OHHHH Man im creaming my pants :D

Your at 135 west on AMC 10. Nasa on DVB is on 137 W and Alaska channels are on 139 although most aren't beamed at us.

i have some analog ?s myself

1. i cant get Sheppard's chapel, all the other analog channels next to it come in fine, did it go by-by??]

2. one satellite has two analog channels (cant rember what they were) but one came in fine and the other didnt at all, why would a channel come in worse on the same satellite???

heres what i get right now on analog
disney placemarker on g-16
pbs x on 101

yeah that was a little TMI there Bob

But I remember getting excited when I first locked onto Shephers Chapel & World Harvest on G4...WHT at the time was analog

i have some analog ?s myself

1. i cant get Sheppard's chapel, all the other analog channels next to it come in fine, did it go by-by??]

Tp16 vertical...still there right now

2. one satellite has two analog channels (cant rember what they were) but one came in fine and the other didnt at all, why would a channel come in worse on the same satellite???
opposite polarity??

Aint that a sight to see=your first analog channel and its a cigar smokin preacher, LOL.
I remember when I first discovered him too, he was a hoot. Sometimes he got off on some weird stuff, like talking about the pyramids, pretty interesting at times. But almost always entertaining. GET ON THOSE PHONES!!! Haha.

i remember i had a unimesh 6 footer, I sat it on the ground, hooked a cable to it, and went inside, low and behold i had Sheppard's Chapel on tp 16 with no sparkies, the dish was even pointing in the air

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts