First and last time using an installer

Status
Please reply by conversation.
johnml said:
I actually had a AT9 installation nightmare ( you can see it in this thread ) the first installer put a AT9 up and used a LNB arm from another dish, So he couldn't screw it on so he used tie-wraps. When Directv sent out the tech to "fix" this they specifically asked that a senior tech do the work. The senior tech took a look ant told me i needed a new dish because of the wrong arm. The first tech took over two hours to install ( with a wrong LNB arm ) the senior tech took less that ten minutes to install a new dish. I truly think some installers ( at least down in south Florida ( Mastec)) are clueless. I knew i knew more just from reading these post's, I mean who would have thought a LNB arm holding the LNB's on with tie-wraps is correct ? Ive never installed one and i knew it . the tech actually left it and thought i would be fine with it ??? I have pictures on my other post... Everything is fine now. just my two cents worth - :hatsoff:

HEre's the pic's ( i had to share -- :eek: )

The new LNB arm is totally diffrent from the one in the pics

Them tie wraps look gnarly dude! Just kidding. Of course the problem is that even if you are ok with it, the plastic used in those tie wraps do not have a UV protectant. In time, possibly less than a single year the plastic would have degraded and then broken loose. Don't know about you, but thems LNB parts don work so good slappin on da roof. :eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts