First big tick off with the hopper

I don't understand why as part of testing they can't turn "on" EPIX on your account, test, then turn it "off" and test again. Waiting a week or a month isn't going to change anything. I think that's called stalling ! :D

I consider it trying to make a customer happy now. The hope being that this problem will be fixed by the time the EPIX is turned off.

I consider it trying to make a customer happy now. The hope being that this problem will be fixed by the time the EPIX is turned off.
Oh, I agree completely. For testing though, it's foolish. Turning EPIX on and off and testing will PROVE there's an issue. Allowing the customer to continue watching their recordings due to their issue, I understand what they're doing.

The bigger question is do the powers that be at Dish consider it a problem or was this "feature" deliberately built into the software.

I vote for "feature deliberately built into the software." I can't imagine software engineers adding this kind of thing without being asked/ordered to do so.

I can't imagine software engineers adding this kind of thing without being asked/ordered to do so.
Certainly not ! Programmers don't decide what features are to be designed in, especially one like this. They are given a list of features it needs to do and to some extent what it can't be allowed to do. Would they sneak in something "cool" that requires some obscure sequence to access and is otherwise undocumented ? Maybe... :)

Well, as much as I hate this crap, I suppose I can sacrifice recordings for this new "feature," whether it's a bug or not. If it's not a bug, they'll probably do it to my 722Ks eventually anyway, so whatever... I'm upgrading very soon (within the next month!)

Thought I'd update. now with 209, lots of stuff not working now....

we're going the wrong way dish, things are getting worse, not better...

sorry, i meant lots of movies from different channels : one example HDNMV

The Natural - now my favorite movie doesn't work

I never had problems with this before, now problems with more stations previous recordings.

Yikes; I see what you mean. Are these unplayable recordings on the internal disk, or EHD?

Welp, guess that means that I will be sticking with the 722. No way am I willing to give up all those recordings of all those movies and all that hard work of getting them on there. That is one reason why I have stuck with Dish, so that I can have access to all those recordings. It's nice to have your own movie library in case nothing else is on.

Welp, guess that means that I will be sticking with the 722. No way am I willing to give up all those recordings of all those movies and all that hard work of getting them on there. That is one reason why I have stuck with Dish, so that I can have access to all those recordings. It's nice to have your own movie library in case nothing else is on.

if it's critical for you to have ALL your old recordings working (even if you don't have the station anymore) then your best bet is to stay away from the hopper for now...

the bottom line is ALL my movies worked prior to the hopper, now only some work...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)