First game on PS4

This confirms my decision to not get a PS4 until it's been out for awhile. I don't play shooters, so this and AC IV were they only two games that I would've picked up at launch (Knack looks cool, but I wouldn't pay $60 for it) ... and I still have serious concerns about how stable AC IV will be at launch given Ubisoft's track record with the last two AC games. However, like others here, I do appreciate Ubisoft's interest in at least getting Watch Dogs right.
Same here, don't like FPS and that's all that seems available at launch.
My oldest boy wants Infamous: Second Son, but since that won't be out til Feb, I can wait til then as none of the launch games thrill us.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/10/29/assassins-creed-4-black-flag-video-review

I originally wanted Killzone first but after watching IGN's video review of Assassin's Creed 4 on PS4 I am moving it to the #1 spot in my gamefly queue. I still want to play Killzone but I also will be playing COD Ghosts and Battlefield 4 online with friends. Assassin's Creed will be a nice change up from the FPS games. My opinion might change as more PS4 reviews start to come out but right now I am shooting for AC4.

I have mentioned in other threads that I am kind of over the Assassin's Creed series. I rented AC3 but sent it back after about 4 or 5 hours of playtime. My big problem with that game was that even at the 5 hour point I still felt like I was in a tutorial. Instead of giving me freedom to do what I want they were still holding my hand and telling me what to do. From the IGN review it sounds like they fixed that problem and opened it up right from the start.

Now I just have to finish up GTA V and get it sent back in time to be in the first wave of PS4 launch games from gamefly. It might not matter which game is first on my list because they struggle with inventory on brand new releases. I'm going to make sure I have an open spot in my queue and only PS4 games on my list. Then it's just a wait and see game to find out what they will send me.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/10/29/assassins-creed-4-black-flag-video-review

I originally wanted Killzone first but after watching IGN's video review of Assassin's Creed 4 on PS4 I am moving it to the #1 spot in my gamefly queue. I still want to play Killzone but I also will be playing COD Ghosts and Battlefield 4 online with friends. Assassin's Creed will be a nice change up from the FPS games. My opinion might change as more PS4 reviews start to come out but right now I am shooting for AC4.

I have mentioned in other threads that I am kind of over the Assassin's Creed series. I rented AC3 but sent it back after about 4 or 5 hours of playtime. My big problem with that game was that even at the 5 hour point I still felt like I was in a tutorial. Instead of giving me freedom to do what I want they were still holding my hand and telling me what to do. From the IGN review it sounds like they fixed that problem and opened it up right from the start.

Now I just have to finish up GTA V and get it sent back in time to be in the first wave of PS4 launch games from gamefly. It might not matter which game is first on my list because they struggle with inventory on brand new releases. I'm going to make sure I have an open spot in my queue and only PS4 games on my list. Then it's just a wait and see game to find out what they will send me.

I'm getting more excited for ACIV myself with the reviews coming in, but as a renter, you should be aware you'll be locked out of some of SP content without a Uplay Pass:
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...in-s-creed-iv-single_2d00_player-content.aspx

I'm getting more excited for ACIV myself with the reviews coming in, but as a renter, you should be aware you'll be locked out of some of SP content without a Uplay Pass:
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...in-s-creed-iv-single_2d00_player-content.aspx

That's a bummer. I had hoped that practice was dead when EA decided to stop using it. I plan on playing a few other Ubisoft games like Watch Dogs and The Division so I hope they don't make this a habit. I don't like it when they restrict multiplayer but I am used to that now. When they start adding it to single player that's a different thing. Ubisoft needs to realize that everyone else has moved on from this after all the hate Microsoft got for trying to restrict used/rented games.

After reading the article, this isn't a deal breaker for me though. They aren't really restricting missions or actual gameplay. It sounds like they are blocking the ability to have a fleet earn you money while you aren't playing. I don't like it but I can live with that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That's a bummer. I had hoped that practice was dead when EA decided to stop using it. I plan on playing a few other Ubisoft games like Watch Dogs and The Division so I hope they don't make this a habit. I don't like it when they restrict multiplayer but I am used to that now. When they start adding it to single player that's a different thing. Ubisoft needs to realize that everyone else has moved on from this after all the hate Microsoft got for trying to restrict used/rented games.

After reading the article, this isn't a deal breaker for me though. They aren't really restricting missions or actual gameplay. It sounds like they are blocking the ability to have a fleet earn you money while you aren't playing. I don't like it but I can live with that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
That's still absolute BS if you ask me. As much as I hated online pass when EA/Sony and others would do it, most of the time it dealt with just cutting out extra content or multiplayer. Having my precious single player affected in any way sets a bad precedent IMO. Honestly, this is the sort of stuff I'd expect a company to do to PIRATED versions, like how for the Batman Arkham Asylum you couldn't glide right, or Serious Sam 3 made it impossible to fight the hordes back, etc.

That's still absolute BS if you ask me. As much as I hated online pass when EA/Sony and others would do it, most of the time it dealt with just cutting out extra content or multiplayer. Having my precious single player affected in any way sets a bad precedent IMO. Honestly, this is the sort of stuff I'd expect a company to do to PIRATED versions, like how for the Batman Arkham Asylum you couldn't glide right, or Serious Sam 3 made it impossible to fight the hordes back, etc.

I totally agree. What I meant when I said it wasn't a deal breaker is that it is still a rental for me. I don't feel like enough is missing in the rental version that I need to buy the game. I'm just hoping they don't make this worse on future games because Ubisoft has made some of my favorite games and franchises over the last few years and it looks like the have some interesting new IP coming out next generation.

I totally agree. What I meant when I said it wasn't a deal breaker is that it is still a rental for me. I don't feel like enough is missing in the rental version that I need to buy the game. I'm just hoping they don't make this worse on future games because Ubisoft has made some of my favorite games and franchises over the last few years and it looks like the have some interesting new IP coming out next generation.
Odds are if I get the game it'll be on PC after at least a 50% discount as opposed to GF, so this probably won't affect me either but it's just boggles me how companies don't get how BAD this is. I mean, when EA publicly states that Online Pass is a bad idea, that should be all the proof you need. Although maybe Ubisoft got confused and just thought that Online Pass is bad if it affects only multiplayer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)