FIRST LOOK: 622 Review!

Scott Greczkowski said:
I would lease one for $99 when they are available in April, you can't go wrong with that deal no matter how lousy the HD programming is. :)

I thought I wouldn't qualify for that deal since I am currently only leasing an 811. My lease is up in April though, so that would be perfect timing if it is possible.

Darn. Oh well, I'll just stick with the 811 for now. I am planning on leaving California and relocating to the midwest next year so I don't want to get stuck in an 18 month commitment right now. And to pay $299 for the priveledge of paying an extra $20/mo for a bunch of channels I will never watch... no thanks. Those VOOM channels hold no interest for me or my family at all.

Thanks Scott! :D

As long as I have you here, are there any features that the 622 has (besides HD) that the 625 lacks? How important are the ViP features going to be for those who are SD only?

Dont know what to do

Little help...
I have 6000 and a 501. Can i drop the 500 and use the 622 for HD and SD? Also see that the 49.00 applys to only the 941-942. Whats is going to cost to upgrade to the 622?

Thanks

SaltiDawg said:
Is it possible that 622's being provided as an upgrade to a 921/942 is not including HDMI cables because it is understood/known that the customer already has received one with the original receiver?:confused:

Well the only reason why i brought it up, is because the training dept. informed me that the vip receivers will be packed out with both component and hdmi. (not saying this is correct) I have spoken to many customers who actually got an hdmi cable with their 211 upgrade. 811/921 = dvi. If your theory was correct, then they would be thinking only 942 customers are upgrading. Theres been more calls of people with no HD programming right now upgrading to the 622, than existing customers upgrading.

Scott, thank you for all the good information about the change over to MPEG-4 and the new receivers the last few months. I had been thinking about getting a HDTV for Christmas and a 942. Thanks to your site for saving me $$$$$$$. I have had a 721 for 3 years and plan to move that to the bedroom and get a 622 for the den when Samsung comes out with their new models this spring or summer. Will I have run another cable to the bedroom for the 721?

dlsnyder said:
Thanks Scott! :D

As long as I have you here, are there any features that the 622 has (besides HD) that the 625 lacks? How important are the ViP features going to be for those who are SD only?

This I don't know, I do not expect the ViP features to be used for High Def content. It depends on what they use them for.

BremenHusker said:
Scott, thank you for all the good information about the change over to MPEG-4 and the new receivers the last few months. I had been thinking about getting a HDTV for Christmas and a 942. Thanks to your site for saving me $$$$$$$. I have had a 721 for 3 years and plan to move that to the bedroom and get a 622 for the den when Samsung comes out with their new models this spring or summer. Will I have run another cable to the bedroom for the 721?

Yes you will. The satellite signal needs to get there somehow. ;)

DVR to DVD Recorder

"I dump a number of recordings out to a Panasonic DVR writer. While the 942 has been a great receiver, I have always hoped they would solve the output/aspect ratio problem and add a feature to select playback of multiple recordings and be able to priorities and schedule playback."

I recently purchased a combo samsung vcr/dvd recorder to do what you are doing. I also want to all my kids' cartoons or a dvd, rather than a videotape. I haven't attempted to hook up equip yet, and may wait till 622 arrives next week. I may be posting this in wrong forum, but can you break it down for me with the current dvd outputs? Many thanks.

Scott, I may not have been clear about another cable to the bedroom. I already have one cable run to a receiver in the bedroom. Will I need a second cable or is there another way to do it? Thanks.

Scott Greczkowski said:
See once again SatelliteGuys saves you money. :D

BremenHusker said:

If you feel like the site has helped you save money, you might consider sending a few bucks to support it. ;) No pressure, though...that's not how Scott operates.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Ok I just tested it and it works without a problem!

I set it up to record WTNH-DT via OTA
Dish Network HD Demo Channel and
Universal HD Olympics
(Screen shot below)

I then started playing Dora the Explorer with no issues.

I then stopped one of the recordings and restared it as a seperate recording and played back the one I just stopped for 4 HD streams going at once with no issues!

Keep an eye on Swiper. He might take your 622 to my place......

SWIPER NO SWIPING!

Can you tell I have a six year old daughter at home?

Once again, anyone know if there is only one type of DVI-HDMI conversion cable? My Sony HDTV only has a DVI input which worked fine with my 921 and a 12 ft. DVI cable, but I need to have the conversion cable to be ready for the input when the installer shows up.

BremenHusker:

The 721 requires two satellite cables to be connected to work. Under some circumstances, a "separator" (-NOT- diplexer) can be connected to a single cable and then to both the 721 satellite inputs. This depends upon whether you have legacy LNBs, or DishPro or DishProPlus. Some configurations work, some don't. Someone else will have to fill in the specifics, as I don't recall which work with which. What equipment other than the 721 do/will you have?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)