FIRST LOOK: 622 Review!

My 622 was installed today with no problem. I live in PA and had a 6000 45 miles to harrisburg and 50 to 70 miles to the Baltimore and Washington and got maybe 9 OTA HDTV channels with the 6000 but had to keep moving the antenna all the time and the rating was between 60 to 75. PLuged in the 622 and I get all the Harrisburg, Baltimore, and Washington with a rating of over 85 on all of them and even get a few out of northern MD. That was worth the price of the 622. So if it works for you the way it has worked for me all of you who are so so with OTA HDTV will now get it great.

xdave said:
My 622 was installed today with no problem. I live in PA and had a 6000 45 miles to harrisburg and 50 to 70 miles to the Baltimore and Washington and got maybe 9 OTA HDTV channels with the 6000 but had to keep moving the antenna all the time and the rating was between 60 to 75. PLuged in the 622 and I get all the Harrisburg, Baltimore, and Washington with a rating of over 85 on all of them and even get a few out of northern MD. That was worth the price of the 622. So if it works for you the way it has worked for me all of you who are so so with OTA HDTV will now get it great.

That is great news!

Wait it's early, they'll find a way to screw it up in future releases...... :lol:

Just kidding. This will be a welcome development if they get it right the first time......

oldanbo said:
newbie here. I can't see the thumbnails for the pics. Can anyone help me, I'm using Firefox.
TIA,
Dan
I'm using FireFox 1.5.0.1 with all the default settings and I see all the pictures in his posts, and the attached thumbnails.

What about this

I know that it probably as been posted but realistically I don't have all day to read all the post so here is my question:
I have two hdtv's. I know I can only get hd for one tv but will the second (s-video or coax) output for a 16:9 tv? Meaning will the image on my second hdtv be widescreen and fill the screen or not? Is there a setting that asks what is the aspect ratio for the second tv? Will it output it in anamorphic format? I just want to watch things in the 16:9 format without stretching it or zooming in on it. Thank you.

Scott, thanks for the preview of the 622. When you showed the channel lineup I didn't see any new VOOM channels. It looked like it's just the same ones I see now on my 942.How many new VOOM channels are on and what are they as of today??

Thanks.

Tvlman

Tvlman said:
Scott, thanks for the preview of the 622. When you showed the channel lineup I didn't see any new VOOM channels. It looked like it's just the same ones I see now on my 942.How many new VOOM channels are on and what are they as of today??

Thanks.

Tvlman
There are 5 new Voom channels, I'm not sure what they are though.

Are all of the 622's being directly shipped to the customer? That's what I was originally told when they rescheduled my install from 2/11 to 2/25. However, I've called tech support 4 times in the last two days to try and get a shipping status and 3 of the 4 techs say that the installer will bring it directly, and that's after they checked with their supervisor each time. I just want to make sure the installer doesn't come out on the 25th expecting me to already have the receiver if they aren't shipping it to me. I suspect it would take forever to get one if they had to fix that mistake.

Many folks are indeed getting them mailed to them. I understand a batch went out second day air on Monday.

Remember if you get one please post your honest thoughts of the 622 here so you can help others learn more about this receiver. :)

BobMurdoch said:
Once again, anyone know if there is only one type of DVI-HDMI conversion cable? My Sony HDTV only has a DVI input which worked fine with my 921 and a 12 ft. DVI cable, but I need to have the conversion cable to be ready for the input when the installer shows up.

You could find a 942 owner that doesn't need their's, since it came with a conversion cable.

Or you could get a new HDMI to DVI cable from monoprice.com

http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10231&style=

They also have HDMI to DVI adapters here

http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=104&cp_id=10419&style=

Scott,

Great Review. i have a 942 and currently use the dvi output (TV1) for hd in my main room and the component output (TV1) for hd in my kitchen. will the 622 still be able to do this? my local retailer was surprised that both work at the same time as he thought using one of the outputs would disable the other. they don't and i love have hd in two places.

thanks,

larry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts