FIRST LOOK: 622 Review!

The 622 comes with the Seperator included, however it will only work if you have a DishPro PLUS LNB or DishPro Plus Switch.

DO NOT USE IT IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A DISHPRO PLUS SETUP, if you try you could damage your 622.

Scott Greczkowski said:
The 622 comes with the Seperator included, however it will only work if you have a DishPro PLUS LNB or DishPro Plus Switch.

DO NOT USE IT IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A DISHPRO PLUS SETUP, if you try you could damage your 622.

Could you clarify something for me? Can you use the Seperator if you have DP lnb (not plus) and a DPP switch?

So in my case, the installer will replace my dish500 with a legacy LNB with a dish1000 with a DPP LNB and a DPP44. I'll then use the 2 currently installed coax to the ViP622, leave one coax to a 508, and use the separator that came with the ViP622 on the single coax line that will feed a relocated 721.

Does this sound correct?

622 Specs

Scott what should the Modulator Set Up settings (Air, Cable, Off) be for TV1 and TV2 and also what Channels for TV1 and TV2. I will be using it in Single Mode only. Reason I ask is I had problems scanning my local digital channels. I only pulled in 2 at first which wasn't right, made some changes and was able to pull in all the locals. So those settings do make a difference for OTA right? But I am still missing my local PBS guide data that the 942 was showing as I do subscribe to locals.

I was just told by a CSR that the VIP622 deal for $299 ends at the end of April. I was swapping a leased 811 for a leased VIP622. Has anyone else heard this information?

Nightly Updates on the 622

Excellent review, Scott! Many thanks for the immense time and energy put into it as well as to everyone else's subsequent contributions. Was curious about the 622's nightly update feature. I've had a 522 for a few years now (will be having the 622 installed soon), and I continue to be extremely annoyed by its nightly update process which pretty much shuts the whole damn system down until the update is done, rendering the unit unusable during this time.:mad: I never understood why they couldn't have that process operating in the background the way my old DirecTV dual-channel TiVo system did. Has that changed with the 622, or does it still give us that pain-in-the-ass pop up that warns you that the system is about to shut down while the update takes place? As great as the 622 seems to be, based on your review, I think we'd all be in DBS nirvana if E* would finally tackle that one issue. Looking forward to yours or anyone else's feedback on that.:)

Hoy crap,

If I was to actually read through that; hell that'd be a chunk of my life that I could never get back again.

I just skimmed through the perty pictures ;)

Kryspy

Iceberg said:
Why did they pretty much copy the manual?

Hell, that aint even outhouse reading material. I'd fall asleep :)

That is exactly my thoughts. It reads like a manual. When the 921 was reviewed by Mark Lamutt on their forum about two years ago, it read like a beta test. There were all kinds of steps he took while he evaluated it. This was totally different. The threads and the questions that were asked of him at that time went on for quite a few pages over what seemed like weeks. Possible, there were some constraints put on the review this time. Too clean cut, no bugs mentioned. Very strange.

Perhaps Scott can shed some light on this. Perhaps Dish enforced the beta tester restrains that forbid them to divulge such material.

What the hell is wrong with you guys? Up until now I’ve been your side of this sh*t. Scott does a great job and I will still participate in this group, but I don’t agree with your comments on the outstanding review that DBSTalk wrote. I can’t understand how people could confuse it with a Dish manual, this is much better. :confused:

To me it read like a manual that had some occational comments put in, i am not saying it was bad in fact I think it was well done.

In fact I would say that it was better then the manual that came with the 622.

Also their feelings actually seem to mirror mine on the 622 which is refreshing, I honestly believe the 622 is the best receiver debut ever by Dish Network, it is a great receiver.

Scott Greczkowski said:
To me it read like a manual that had some occational comments put in, i am not saying it was bad in fact I think it was well done.

In fact I would say that it was better then the manual that came with the 622.

Also their feelings actually seem to mirror mine on the 622 which is refreshing, I honestly believe the 622 is the best receiver debut ever by Dish Network, it is a great receiver.

Good for you Scott! You resisted the temptation to criticized their review just because it was done by them and stuck to the substance of their review. I was one of the first registered members when you left that forum and started this one. So I know a little about what had transpired. With that said I appreciated your approach to the 622 review and the timeliness at which it was done.

My 622 was delivered on 2/20 and the install is on 2/28.

A few questions. Do I get the rebate for the 622 even if I am not leasing any equipment now? I will wait until April to save the money otherwise.

I have a high def tuner and antenna for locals. Do I still need the tuner for locals if I dont buy them from Dishnetwork? Or can my antenna plug into the dish receiver for locals. I would rather not pay 5.99 for locals if I did not have to. Right now I pay for locals but have the superstations pack.

Will I be able to record locals with this setup?
I have not hooked up my receivers into any phone line. Will those power plug in repeaters work for this purpose so dish does not charge me any addtl fees .

I dont understand the programming pricing. I currently have the everything package. On the dish site it mentions HD plat at 99.00 a month. Is this on top of the everything package. That would be a huge monthly cost.

Appreciate all help.
Rob

robertw477 said:
A few questions. Do I get the rebate for the 622 even if I am not leasing any equipment now? I will wait until April to save the money otherwise.

I have a high def tuner and antenna for locals. Do I still need the tuner for locals if I dont buy them from Dishnetwork? Or can my antenna plug into the dish receiver for locals. I would rather not pay 5.99 for locals if I did not have to. Right now I pay for locals but have the superstations pack.

Will I be able to record locals with this setup?
I have not hooked up my receivers into any phone line. Will those power plug in repeaters work for this purpose so dish does not charge me any addtl fees .

I dont understand the programming pricing. I currently have the everything package. On the dish site it mentions HD plat at 99.00 a month. Is this on top of the everything package. That would be a huge monthly cost.

Appreciate all help.
Rob

Well, let's see.

Is is my understanding, and others can correct me if necessary. You need to trade in a 921 or 942 to get the rebate deal.

Your 622 will be able to receive and tune your HD locals with or without Dish locals but you will not receive guide data without them.

You can record locals but it would be more difficult without guide data.

I don't have any experience with powered phone repeaters. Sorry.

AS far as programming, the HD plat pack replaces the everything pack it is not an additional pkg.

Hope this helps and if it is wrong I'm sure someone will quickly correct it. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)