FIRST LOOK: 622 Review!

I would rather they give us the Hard disk space for our own recording and let us decide so our capacity is naturally increased.

I get free OD old movies from Comcast, even with the most basic package. If I had movie channels, I would have many more for free.

Scott, thanks for the review. Did the 622 come with a separator?

epsilon said:
I get free OD old movies from Comcast, even with the most basic package. If I had movie channels, I would have many more for free.

Scott, thanks for the review. Did the 622 come with a separator?

Yes it did :) Included the pigtails too!

OK folks I have done some testing of the 622 and the USB ports, I used a USB Jump Drive, which the 622 recognized without a problem.

I went into the ESD setup screen and told it to store recording on the external storage device then went in to record Dish 101 for a few seconds.

Dish 101 recorded, however it did not record on the USB drive, it recorded on the hard drive.

For laughs I tried going into the Multimedia screen and there it saw the Jump Drive. I selected Dish Recordings then Manage Device, I got an error message which stated "This Feature is currently not supported" and then I went into Send to Device and got the same error message.

I have not tried the pocketdish with it yet as a friend borrowed my PocketDish and I have not got it back yet.

Attachments

• erd1.jpg
    erd1.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 303
  • erd2.jpg
    erd2.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 280
  • erd3.jpg
    erd3.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 274
  • erd4.jpg
    erd4.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 248
  • erd5.jpg
    erd5.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 277
DWS44 said:
It does seem rather cheap of E* (imagine that) to not include HDMI or at least Component cables with their new "flagship" 622 receiver, even though they DID include them in the lesser expensive 211/411! :rolleyes: Imagine how many HD newbies will buy this receiver, and just hook it up using that included composite cable, not knowing any better.

I dont know about 211's and other 411's, but I can assure you my 411 didnt include a HDMI or Component cable set. Coax and composite only.

Great review Scott! I currently lease a 942, and plan to also lease a 622 (c'mon April 1 :hungry:) Anyway, I found your walk-through to be informative and helpful. Especially so, because I plan on getting up and running as soon as that box hits my door.

I'm running my 942 in Single Mode and plan on doing the same with the 622. 110, 119 & 61.5 sats w/DPP Twin, to diplexer, to SAT1 & SAT2. I think I'm ready to plug the 622 in and "get 'er done." Can someone confirm this for me?

This site provides a wealth of information and resources. I lurk and occasionally post at a variety of sites, but consistently use this one as my litmus test. Keep up the great work satelliteguys!

Allin4greeN said:
Great review Scott! I currently lease a 942, and plan to also lease a 622 (c'mon April 1 :hungry:)

Thats my advice to WAIT and get this great device for only $99.

I have not said anything about the programming yet, thats because from where I sit the new HD programming that I have access to now STINKS. Voom has a channel where you watch someone playing video games... (Yippie when is it MY turn!), I dont watch sports and I dont get excited knowing I can watch Knight Rider in HD on Universal.

The 942 is not a bad machine, it has its flaws but is not a bad machine at all, if you have one its going to make cents (hahah) to wait until the 622 is $99.

I'm running my 942 in Single Mode and plan on doing the same with the 622. 110, 119 & 61.5 sats w/DPP Twin, to diplexer, to SAT1 & SAT2. I think I'm ready to plug the 622 in and "get 'er done." Can someone confirm this for me?
This will work fine as long as these are the only two receivers you have (as you will be using both ports on your DishPro Plus Twin LNB)

Three recordings at once.

Scott,

Thanks again for the updates, keep them coming. I wanted to see if you have tested three HD recordings at the same time (two Sat one OTA) while watching a pre-recorded HD event and how that works out.

Thanks

Scott,

Can you verify what the depth of the 622 is? I am re-arranging my equipment rack, and I want to make sure I have enough depth on the current shelf I have set aside for the 622. Spec sheet I saw said 13" but it was pre-release, so I dont know if that changed.

Kirby Baker said:
Scott,

Can you verify what the depth of the 622 is? I am re-arranging my equipment rack, and I want to make sure I have enough depth on the current shelf I have set aside for the 622. Spec sheet I saw said 13" but it was pre-release, so I dont know if that changed.

Same size as the 942. :) (I dont have a ruler here with me at the moment)

Does the OTA channels show up in the guide at all? I wanted to drop my locals and just use OTA. I understand that you have to get their locals to get any information for the ota channel, but I thought that it showed up in the guide as "no digital information" or something.

Great review Scott :up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)