AZBOX First Look: AzBox miniMe American edition

For those of you who don't mind voiding your warranty as I live in the UK it doesn't really matter, the MiniMe American Edition can be reflashed with OAM or RSI by using the recovery button at the back. Mr Serge said I would brick my box if I did but it works and the web interface also works perfectly to reflash in either boot 1 or 2. But try this at your own risk!! and remember the American edition CANNOT be reflashed unless you send it back to AZBox Canada.

We never stated that the unit would be bricked as a whole. However, your unit is now bricked as an American edition device since you flashed third-party firmware meaning that you won't be able to reflash any version of our American edition firmware in order to bring it back the way it was. We are surprised that you did this as I believe you purchased the miniMe American edition for feed hunting and no other third party firmware is really suitable for feed hunting as they were all designed with the reception of European subscription services in mind. Please note that we only launched the miniMe American edition about 3 months ago so within the next few months, many of the outstanding issues will be resolved with future firmware updates. I hope you realize that NO satellite receiver out there is launched as a bug free device but many of these do get resolved over time with firmware updates. This is the case even with provider receivers who have a lot more resources to invest in software development.

However, we cannot prevent users from flashing third party firmware but please keep in mind that doing this voids your warranty. If you change your mind and decide to have your unit reflashed to American edition at a later date, you will need to ship back your unit to the dealer you purchased from who will then ship it to us for service. The cost to reflash a unit to American edition again is $60 CAD + shipping to and from your location but as a gesture of gratitude, we would also reinstate your 2 year warranty as well which is valid even if you live in the UK.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

We never stated that the unit would be bricked as a whole. However, your unit is now bricked as an American edition device since you flashed third-party firmware meaning that you won't be able to reflash any version of our American edition firmware in order to bring it back the way it was. We are surprised that you did this as I believe you purchased the miniMe American edition for feed hunting and no other third party firmware is really suitable for feed hunting as they were all designed with the reception of European subscription services in mind. Please note that we only launched the miniMe American edition about 3 months ago so within the next few months, many of the outstanding issues will be resolved with future firmware updates. I hope you realize that NO satellite receiver out there is launched as a bug free device but many of these do get resolved over time with firmware updates. This is the case even with provider receivers who have a lot more resources to invest in software development.

However, we cannot prevent users from flashing third party firmware but please keep in mind that doing this voids your warranty. If you change your mind and decide to have your unit reflashed to American edition at a later date, you will need to ship back your unit to the dealer you purchased from who will then ship it to us for service. The cost to reflash a unit to American edition again is $60 CAD + shipping to and from your location but as a gesture of gratitude, we would also reinstate your 2 year warranty as well which is valid even if you live in the UK.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

You said in a previous post that the box would be bricked, I assumed from this it would be rendered usless, as you didn't state that the box would flash with third party firmware. You also stated that the web interface was faulty from a factory flash, I assume you mean for loading the American version of firmware?
as it is clearly not faulty for flashing third party firmware.

Another interesting thing here..I checked the Micom version after reset and it is the version that is written by 'The Ripper', is he not the very person behind the third party software, which you condone?

I appreciate your gesture if ever I need the American version back in the box.

Last edited:
For those of you who don't mind voiding your warranty as I live in the UK it doesn't really matter, the MiniMe American Edition can be reflashed with OAM or RSI by using the recovery button at the back. Mr Serge said I would brick my box if I did but it works and the web interface also works perfectly to reflash in either boot 1 or 2. But try this at your own risk!! and remember the American edition CANNOT be reflashed unless you send it back to AZBox Canada.

I went this route and couldn't be happier. Installed the latest openpli mod and time shift now works and everything else. Recording high bit rate 4:2:2 to a usb drive is flawless as well. Also I now have complete control of MY box. :D

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts