FIRST LOOK - Logitech Revue GoogleTV Device

She came back after 5 minutes & told me "the package may or may have not shipped yesterday, there is no tracking number & check back in 5 days". How's that for a response?....this is simply ridiculous!!

It may seem ridiculous, but at least she was more honest than the first person you talked to. Basic fulfillment b.s. Dish doesn't do a very good job of staying on top of fulfillment. They should be able to give their CSR's better visibility of that stuff. But they are not unique in not doing so.

I did an online chat yesterday to find out why my order (placed 10/28) did not ship yet and the CSR said that it did indeed ship via UPS on that SAME DAY. I was skeptical but upon checking online today, I have a tracking number and it is on the truck for delivery today...

Shipping Now

I ordered the Logitech Revue from the Dish Website yesterday afternoon. I checked the website this afternoon for the tracking number and found that it is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. From the various reviews, it appers that it will be quite useful, especially when good software is added to the media center so that it can stream .mkv, divx, and xvid files from my computer.

I got mine yesterday and installed it without nay issues. It got the update right away. I still see frame rate issues no matter what resolution I changed it to... Is there way to change audio setting in revue. I am using HDMI and on AVR receiver, I only see Linear PCM with multi channel sound. It doesn't tell me what was the original audio for source is. How to turn the revue off?

can the google tv be used for direct tv also?im going to get it for dish but was wondering for direct tv i have the hr 24 dvrs.thank you for any replies

Last edited:
I got mine yesterday and installed it without nay issues. It got the update right away. I still see frame rate issues no matter what resolution I changed it to... Is there way to change audio setting in revue. I am using HDMI and on AVR receiver, I only see Linear PCM with multi channel sound. It doesn't tell me what was the original audio for source is. How to turn the revue off?
For whatever reason you need to use an optical connection to get digital sound. HDMI is analog only. When I set mine up this morning I used an optical cable and now everything is in digital audio, even Dish PCM channels. Apparently when you use an optical connection the Revue defaults to Dolby.

For whatever reason you need to use an optical connection to get digital sound. HDMI is analog only. When I set mine up this morning I used an optical cable and now everything is in digital audio, even Dish PCM channels. Apparently when you use an optical connection the Revue defaults to Dolby.

I will check it out once I get home by connecting the optical cable and share the feedback

I posted a little chart that a tech from Logitech posted on their forums either in this thread or in one of the other GoogleTV threads. Essentially, the Revue's audio is always mixed in with the source audio. There's no way to pass the pure unaltered digital audio through the Revue. At the very least, we get the audio in 5/7.1 when that is the source audio. Using an optical cable instead of HDMI might degrade the audio a little since the Revue would be compressing the audio down to the Dolby Digital format, which is a lossy codec, to get it out the more limited bandwidth of the optical cable compared to the much higher bandwidth of HDMI. You want to have your receiver get PCM uncompressed audio. If you've ever used a PS3, that is also how it handles hi-def audio since it can't pass that format down to a receiver because of HDMI chip it was equipped with.

I posted a little chart that a tech from Logitech posted on their forums either in this thread or in one of the other GoogleTV threads. Essentially, the Revue's audio is always mixed in with the source audio. There's no way to pass the pure unaltered digital audio through the Revue. At the very least, we get the audio in 5/7.1 when that is the source audio. Using an optical cable instead of HDMI might degrade the audio a little since the Revue would be compressing the audio down to the Dolby Digital format, which is a lossy codec, to get it out the more limited bandwidth of the optical cable compared to the much higher bandwidth of HDMI. You want to have your receiver get PCM uncompressed audio. If you've ever used a PS3, that is also how it handles hi-def audio since it can't pass that format down to a receiver because of HDMI chip it was equipped with.

Thanks for the response.. Let me ask you one more question. As of now I have my DISH receiver 722K 's audio ouput set as Dolby Digital and PCM . Revue is passing Linear PCM to my Sony AV receiver and that uncompressed format that I understands. Should I change 722K's audio uput to PCM or leave at mix of DD and PCM? Do you suggest any tweak for frame rate issues? Any particular setting to use (720P or AUTO or 1080P) o n revue to use?

Just ordered one "On-Line" using my DISH Account with no issues and received several follow-up email notices confirmations. Looks like no glitches now ordering this way. Did have to pay sales tax, but regular shipping is free. Order states 1 year warranty and a 30 day return policy and a UPS tracking order number not yet available (it is Saturday afternoon anyway). Thanks for those that took time to post here. After reading all posts and reviews don't see that this is not another Geek item I will use and can afford, unlike some others that were very expensive. To me I would rather be considered an "early adapter" and enjoy the use of a new product not waiting, loosing that enjoyment.

Just ordered one "On-Line" using my DISH Account with no issues and received several follow-up email notices confirmations. Looks like no glitches now ordering this way. Did have to pay sales tax, but regular shipping is free. Order states 1 year warranty and a 30 day return policy and a UPS tracking order number not yet available (it is Saturday afternoon anyway). Thanks for those that took time to post here. After reading all posts and reviews don't see that this is not another Geek item I will use and can afford, unlike some others that were very expensive. To me I would rather be considered an "early adapter" and enjoy the use of a new product not waiting, loosing that enjoyment.

loose enjoyment is very dangerous. :)

Claude Greiner said:
Got mine yesterday and I'm not impressed

I have to agree. You can't even get the Hulu provided content through Dish Online anymore. I am returning mine for a refund.

Same here Mike. I use the 922 to access PlayOn and therefore Hulu. Works great. I don't need no stinkin GoogleTV :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)