FIRST LOOK - Logitech Revue GoogleTV Device

Hi Everyone

I just made an order through the Phone with a regular CSR for a Revue Google TV box. It has been charged to my credit card and I received an an email from Dish confirming the order number and shipping method. It's being shipped UPS and the shipping charges were waved, so the whole deal went for $179.00. No taxes and no shipping charges. This is great !!!! And Yes they added de $4 integration charge for 1 year. So 4 x 12 = $48 I am still saving $81 dollars.

Do you know if you can cancel the $4 integration charge after 1 year ?

I was told by the CSR that the comitment was foe only one year. Also the Dish google tv info on their web page indicates is only for one year.

Whoa, what commitment? Getting this box didn't just reset my commitment clock for another year, did it? I try to keep that open for receiver upgrades. Did I just lock myself out of any receiver upgrades for another year (and more importantly, handcuff me to E* if they're stalemate with FOX goes on indefinitely?)?

Ordered mine tonight. No commitment. Just the $4 dollar integration fee. got a 1 yr product guarantee, and can close it down without a fee if I dont like it
As in all products, I studied all of the technical reports, the feedback from Logitech and of course all of the comments here. A few bugs to be worked out, but I enjoy being part of the feedback :)

Strange,

I got charged tax! I sonder if it's a state thing?

Hi Everyone

I just made an order through the Phone with a regular CSR for a Revue Google TV box. It has been charged to my credit card and I received an an email from Dish confirming the order number and shipping method. It's being shipped UPS and the shipping charges were waved, so the whole deal went for $179.00. No taxes and no shipping charges. This is great !!!! And Yes they added de $4 integration charge for 1 year. So 4 x 12 = $48 I am still saving $81 dollars.

Strange,

I got charged tax! I sonder if it's a state thing?

Yes it is a state thing. When I order from Amazon.com I'm charge sales tax because Amazon.con has a warehouse in Kentucky. If I order from Abt Electronics in IL, I'm not charged ant sales tax. Bought my Samsung 40" LCD from them and that was part of the reason.

Ghpr13:)

Has anyone's order actually shipped yet?

Just curious. I also ordered one yesterday and was told the same (expect about 4 days). On the dish website under shipments there is no tracking number and states hasn't shipped yet. For type of shipping it states standard whereas I noticed a few here have mentioned 2nd day UPS.

Just curious. I also ordered one yesterday and was told the same (expect about 4 days). On the dish website under shipments there is no tracking number and states hasn't shipped yet. For type of shipping it states standard whereas I noticed a few here have mentioned 2nd day UPS.

I have standard shipping in my account too. Does anyone have 2 day shipping? Also, I ordered mine over online chat & the CSR told me "it will ship in 4 business days". However, some people here have been told to expect it in 4 days.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I got the email from them tonight... is there a new version on PlayOn?

Whenever I try watching anything from Playon on my GoogleTV I get a message saying non compatible video format.

I believe it's done through chrome... Gtv.playon.tv if memory serves me correctly (and not through the logitech media player).

Requires premium.

Supported Devices Compatible with PlayOn | PlayOn

1. Download the latest release
  2. On your GoogleTV type gtv.playon.tv into the search bar (on the Logitech Revue you find this by clicking the magnifying glass on the bottom, left of the keyboard). This will bring you to the page that discovers your PlayOn PC. You should bookmark this page for easy access (on the Logitech Revue, you can bookmark a page by pressing the star-shaped icon button on the bottom, right of the keyboard).
  3. You can now navigate PlayOn via the touchpad on the keyboard. Sit back, relax, and enjoy your favorite show.
Known issues: The back button on the keyboard will work, however the play and pause buttons on the keyboard will not work. You will need to use the on-screen controller for those trick-play features which you can get by using the trackpad to move the cursor over the bottom of the screen.

I got the email from them tonight... is there a new version on PlayOn?

Whenever I try watching anything from Playon on my GoogleTV I get a message saying non compatible video format.

I just placed the order through online and they charged me $179.99 plus tax= 196+... WHat is criteria they are using to charge tax.. Am in Southern California.. They are not charging everyone...

I just placed the order through online and they charged me $179.99 plus tax= 196+... WHat is criteria they are using to charge tax.. Am in Southern California.. They are not charging everyone...
I think that if the vendor you order on line from has a brick and mortar facility of any kind in your state sales tax is required. I know there are some who charge Texas sales tax and some who don't and that was the explanation I was given once upon a time long, long ago.

I think that if the vendor you order on line from has a brick and mortar facility of any kind in your state sales tax is required. I know there are some who charge Texas sales tax and some who don't and that was the explanation I was given once upon a time long, long ago.

That's correct. If the retailer has a physical presence in the state, they fall under the state's taxing authority and must collect sales tax to buyers in that state. So any sort of retail store, warehouse, call center, etc. will trigger the collection of sales tax.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts